What's new

Dating problem!!

I know what you think guys but I have a problem with getting the year of production of a razor. It's a black British G1000 TTO with the dat code Q

The Q doesn't seem to be on the date charts. So is it '95 or '96:confused:

I know what you think guys but I have a problem with getting the year of production of a razor. It's a black British G1000 TTO with the dat code Q

I thought it gives no "Q" only "O", that would be 1994. Can you post a picture?

If I am recalling this correctly, Gillette did not use "Q" as a date code to prevent confusion with the letter O (which they did use) or the number 0.

Yet, they did use an I code. Guess they didn't think it would get confused with the number 1. :confused:

Did the English razors even use the same datecodes?

They did starting in the 70's or 80's. It could be that they did not skip the Q like their American counterparts, which really would not be a problem since American date coded DE Gillettes were no longer being produced into that point of the 1990's. Based upon 1980 being an "A", a "Q" would be interpreted an the year 1996.

I read the title of this thread "Dating Problem" and thought I was finally going to get some good advice about women...

I read the title of this thread "Dating Problem" and thought I was finally going to get some good advice about women...

I knew:wink:

So it´s a ´96
Thanks Guido

I knew:wink:

So it´s a ´96
Thanks Guido

That is my educated guess, anyway. I see it as likely that the persons in charge of the British plant at which these were produced simply carried through the alphabet with no regard for the historic precedence set forth by Gillette since by this point there was probably a total disconnect from anyone dealing with the original American date coding.

Yeah me too :lol:

Like "I'm afraid to invite her to my place, she might see my huge collection of shaving wares and think that I'm some kind of freak :scared: "

Yeah me too :lol:

Like "I'm afraid to invite her to my place, she might see my huge collection of shaving wares and think that I'm some kind of freak :scared: "

You're not a freak. You're just special. I know it's pretty much the same thing, but it does sound slightly better. :biggrin:

Of course if you really want to impress her, tell her that you're an amateur razor historian. :wink:

Top Bottom