What's new

Domenico Caraceni 1913 Shaving Cream

Gents --

Found out about this cream tonight while browsing around online. According to what I read, it's a very well-made cream that, scent-wise, is decidedly reminiscent of C&S's No. 88. I love the way that stuff smells and I'm also a huge fan of rose creams in general. Soooo ... out came the credit card.

Anyone so inclined can order it here. At $50/pop it's expensive, no doubt, but the tub is also huge: 8.5 oz/250ml! It should last a good long while.

I'd be very interested to know if anyone on this forum has tried it and if so, what they think. I'll post my thoughts (and possibly a review) once I've had enough experience with it.

SCAD-ingly yours,
Evan

Yep. I bought it.

It's a first-rate cream. Exceptionally well made. Slick, moisturizing, cushioning -- all the adjectives you want to hear. It's very expensive but the tub is 8 ounces! It'll last forever. And it smells wonderful.

I used it once and had to sell it. To say that my wife hated the smell is a massive understatement. :biggrin: She could actually smell it through 2 closed doors. So yeah, it's ... fragrant. Either that, or she has a super schnoz. :rolleyes: Despite that, I highly recommend it. If you like the smell of the cologne you won't be disappointed.

On the strength of these suggestions, I bought a tub and used it twice. It is, hands down, my favorite cream. I use many of the TOBS and Trumper products as well as others and the aroma and quality of the lather of this is the best. I did not find the fragrance overly strong and my wife likes it. I haven't tried the EdT but the price is rather high so I will try to get a sample from somewhere before I bight the bullet.

I give this a two thumbs up endorsement. Thanks for the lead.

I haven't used the cream, instead I own the EdT. Not only is it one of my favorites, I think it might be the best rose driven scents out there. It is deeply rich and aromatic, an intelligent and well thought out scent. Flawless.

Yup, good stuff. I also like the EDT, and it is pretty spendy. I hope it's not crass to point out that I sell reasonably-priced decants of it...

I haven't used the cream, instead I own the EdT. Not only is it one of my favorites, I think it might be the best rose driven scents out there. It is deeply rich and aromatic, an intelligent and well thought out scent. Flawless.

Too bad the cologne has been discontinued:frown:

Too bad the cologne has been discontinued:frown:

Are you sure? It's a brand-new(ish) item at LuckyScent, and I think they've actually sold out a couple of times. It's "Out of stock" now, of course, but I don't see anything about no more.

Are you sure? It's a brand-new(ish) item at LuckyScent, and I think they've actually sold out a couple of times. It's "Out of stock" now, of course, but I don't see anything about no more.

there is a rose fragrance thread on basenotes talking about how luckyscent isn't going to restock and that it's being replaced with another product

Interesting. I'd like to read more reviews. However, I think I'm going to put a temporary moratorium on all shaving spending for a few weeks so I can build up a nice war chest, and then I'm going to take the whole wad and gleefully blow it on a jar of SMN shaving cream and one their beautiful shaving mugs to go with it, which should be enough, added to all my other soaps and creams, to last me about 4 years. At least that's my plan.

Chuck, I do not see Czech & Speak on your site. Is this something that hasn't been added yet, or am I missing the scent you mean?
Yup, good stuff. I also like the EDT, and it is pretty spendy. I hope it's not crass to point out that I sell reasonably-priced decants of it...

Interesting. I'd like to read more reviews. However, I think I'm going to put a temporary moratorium on all shaving spending for a few weeks so I can build up a nice war chest, and then I'm going to take the whole wad and gleefully blow it on a jar of SMN shaving cream and one their beautiful shaving mugs to go with it, which should be enough, added to all my other soaps and creams, to last me about 4 years. At least that's my plan.

I have the SMN Crema de Barba. Believe me, the Domenico Caraceni is light years better, IMHO.

I am appreciative of the heads-up. I want to take my time before moving on to the next product, and I want to get something outstanding. I will give your opinion a lot of weight before I make my decision. Thanks.

+1913

By the way... it is not called 1913, It is just Domenico Caraceni. That is just a number in the box :D A mistake made by Lucky scent.

Top Bottom