What's new

L'Occitane Eau de 4 Voleurs Review

Nice review. . . I have L'Occitane's Vetyver, which I think is quite nice. . . definitely a fall/winter deal. With spring/summer right around the corner, I've been thinking about getting a new warm weather scent. I'll have to check out Eau de 4 Voleurs next time I'm in L'Occitaine's neighborhood.

Vetyver is nice. It can make a chilly October walk across the campus here quite enjoyable for me.

Eau de 4 Voleurs definitely has the L'Occitane touch. While not nearly as warm or heavy as Vetyver, I think it still has those telltale dry, warm, woodsy, and smoky elements that are found in abundance in the Vetyver.

L'Eau des 4 Voleurs has been my go-to edt for some time now. It is by far my favorite fragrance from l'Occitane. Not too sweet, not too woodsy, a hint of vetyver and citrus makes it a fresh yet relaxing scent. It lasts quite a while on me and the drydown stays quite faithful to the original scent.

Good review Saxifrage. :thumbup1:

Noc.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Saxifrage for another wonderful review. Next time I'm at the L'occitane store I will check this one out.

Vetyver and 4 Voleurs are simply outstanding. I like the L'Occitane Vetyver more than Creed Original.

4 Voleurs is something the Marlboro Man would wear on his evenings out around town if he had ever had a L'Occitane boutique near by:lol:

Vetyver and 4 Voleurs are simply outstanding. I like the L'Occitane Vetyver more than Creed Original.

4 Voleurs is something the Marlboro Man would wear on his evenings out around town if he had ever had a L'Occitane boutique near by:lol:

Or ever went to town.

-Andy

Strange how this one disappeared from the L'Occitane website. It was there a couple of weeks ago, but now there is no mention of it!

Strange how this one disappeared from the L'Occitane website. It was there a couple of weeks ago, but now there is no mention of it!

I notice it too but have not been to the store yet. I hope they're not dropping this like the Cade AS. I'd be furious. I only have about half a bottle.

Great review, Saxifrage. Excellent description of the various stages of this frag. I haven't tried it, but feel as if I have after reading your review. I love reviews that describe what a scent smells like, and what it reminds you of, and not just whether you like it or not.

I love their Eau de Vetyver, so now I'll have to try L'Occitane's Eau de 4 Voleurs.

Good review ,thanks. Would love to try this one (and Eau des Beaux)
We have a few L´Occitane shops here in the Netherlands ,unfortunately not in my neighbourhood, but still no online shop for us. Please L´Occitane , if your reading this, create a online shop for us Dutchies.

My local L'Occitane shop has one tester left of the 4 Voleurs, and the shopkeeper gave me a sample to take home. I tried it out this morning and was initially intrigued by the citrus bomb. However, in the following moments all I could think of was this:

:sad:

Very nice review. I sniffed the tester in the store the other day, and my first reaction was also that it smelled a bit like Blenheim Bouquet. To me, your description sounds much more interesting. I'll have to put this on my "to try" list.

Man, does L'occitane actually make any bad fragrances? I think they are the most underrated cologne house around. And at something like $42 per bottle one of the best values. One thing I always get when I sniff them in the bottle is quality of ingredient smell. They NEVER smell synthetic to me and I suppose there could be synthetics in them. They just smell good.

I tried all the male fragrances out in the store on the paper strips. My most favourite is the Vetyver followed closely by Eau de Baux. They both go well on my skin as well. I was not over keen on the 4 Voleurs. I thought it over bitter and a bit floral for my tastes. I had already applied the other two(different trips to the store) so I didn't apply it. I will the next time I am at the Plaza in K.C. The description in the review reveals a much nicer fragrance than I first imagined. Thanks for bringing this back from the archives.

Regards, Todd

Last edited:
I just picked up a bottle in my local L'Occitane. It is no longer listed on the UK website, and this was one of two left. It is okay to me, but I am not as enthusiastic as on here or on basenotes.

But should I call them and get them to put the other aside if is now a piece of history :w00t: .

Top Bottom