What's new

Newbie in Houston

Been lurking for a couple weeks and picking up lots of great info. Picked up a '59 Gillette Red Tip SS and a 40's (no date code) SS on the bay for under $20 for the pair to get started with DE shaving. They were both in almost new condition to my surprise. I think a blurry picture and poor description of their condition allowed me to get a fairly good bargain. I'm still waiting to receive a brush, bowl and some soaps... so, I've only tried shaving with goo from a can with them so far. I'm already sure that I'm done with cartridge shaving! Seeing some of the beautiful restorations of vintage straight razors on here has me already wanting try and pick some straights up too, but I'm going to try and resist for a little while.

Thanks to all the contributions of the members here for all the great info. so far.

Welcome to B&B. You should check out British Isles in Rice Village. Never shopped there but they carry a lot of great stuff that if anything would be good to smell and see what the creams and soaps are like.

Thanks for the heads up TexaninKC. I've wondered where might be a good place here in Houston to see what's out there besides what's in the CVS isle.

Top Bottom