What's new

Discussion thread for Edge Activecare hydrating cream

I have seen the commercials for it, but honestly I haven't tried it. I have tried a similar type of cream, and I worked very well. It is good to see alternatives to the gel formulas being popularized. For me though I enjoy using a brush too much. However, it may be a good idea for traveling. Thanks for the review.

Edge Active care gunked up the insides of my Merkur HD razor with one shave.
I threw it away for I have far better things to do than clean my razor with every shave. :wink:

Edge Active care gunked up the insides of my Merkur HD razor with one shave.
I threw it away for I have far better things to do than clean my razor with every shave. :wink:

U used too much?
And I don't think it was meant for DE

The double edge blade was stuck to the head of the razor with the Edge Active Care shave cream. This is the only shave cream that ever has done this. Therefore, I can't recommend this!

posted on review

Tks for the review ; I too think it works best with a Fusion (I much, much prefer the M3 to the Fusion, but for some reason, I think the Fusion is best with this shave cream)

Bear, do u have a tough beard?

Scotty- Use more water with it. I really liked this stuff. I had a bad case of dry skin and happened to see it on the shelf, so into the basket it went.

You need more water to rinse (rinse the razor more often) than with a can of foamy or even with the palmolive and brush (as I'm learning), but it shaves well, smells ok, and leaves my skin pretty well off. I use it with the DE and a triple Schick or Sensor also.

First time I used any non foamy, non brushless I had to toss the razor from gunking, but rinseing more ofton solved it.

I hope this stuff gets advertised well, it'll do well against cans of foamy. Seems they have already discontinued the deep cleaning formula tho- didn't slick up as nice as the hydrating one IMO anyway.

Scotty- Use more water with it. I really liked this stuff. I had a bad case of dry skin and happened to see it on the shelf, so into the basket it went.

You need more water to rinse (rinse the razor more often) than with a can of foamy or even with the palmolive and brush (as I'm learning), but it shaves well, smells ok, and leaves my skin pretty well off. I use it with the DE and a triple Schick or Sensor also.

First time I used any non foamy, non brushless I had to toss the razor from gunking, but rinseing more ofton solved it.

I hope this stuff gets advertised well, it'll do well against cans of foamy. Seems they have already discontinued the deep cleaning formula tho- didn't slick up as nice as the hydrating one IMO anyway.

Yeah I guess the Deep Cleaning must be a bit drying. ; the Hydrating is good for my dry skin

And I agree that u need to add some water on ur face, as if u would with KOS gels.

First time I used, I was afraid bcause u get a thin layer and my beard is super though, but It is lubricating enough.

Top Bottom