What's new

4711 vs. Speick EdT's---- experienced opinions please!

Can anyone who has used both compare these two and which do you prefer? I've used the Speick AS and smelled the 4711 cologne---I'm assuming the Speick EdT smells similar to the Speick AS and likewise, assume the 4711 AS smells similar to the 4711 EdT. Is that correct?

I try to never miss an opportunity to dis the 4711. I tried it once (actually buoght a bottle during my lunch hour) and I couldn't wait to get back to work to wash it off - after I returned it to the store. :thumbdown It's the only product of its type that I have ever returned.

Speick, however, is terrific, albeit not long lasting. I can smell it at the end of the day, but no one else can unless they get way too close. :scared: The AS smells very similar to the cologne, IMO.

I prefer the Speick. I like the fragrance better and it has better lasting power over the 4711. The 4711 is very light citrusy scent that doesn't last very long on me. The Speick Edt has a more intense scent than the aftershave but the same great smell.

Very different stuff. The 4711 smells like a classic cologne and has almost no, if any, healing goodies. Speick, on the other hand, smells little like a classic cologne and has loads of healing goodies, such as extract from the Speick plant, witch hazel, alum and camphor. To my nose, it smells earthy.

Go with the Speick. It is a tad more rugged than 4711. If you like citrus, try Roger et Gallet Extra Vielle cologne.

I love the smell of the Speick, but it just doesn't last very long at all on my skin. To the point where wearing it is just not worth the price. I can splash some water on and smell it longer.

Speick seems to be more universally liked. However, I have the 4711 and it's a nice, fresh scent to splash on after an evening shower when I've nothing to do the rest of the night but lounge. To me it smells of linen. 4711 is cheap and Speick not too much more expensive--might as well get them both and see for yourself.

4711 and Speick comparisons are like apples and oranges, too dissimilar to properly compare one another too. Both, however, are equally nice. 4711 is more "old school" and fleeting, Speick is more modern and has a bit more longevity. Both serve their purpose.

Just get them both because they're fairly cheap (even some Walmarts carry 4711) and Speick can be had online for around $20.

Top Bottom