What's new

B&B More Popular than Wet Shaving Itself?

B&Bretheren, doing some googling and serious internet research has yielded some incredible findings. While I am still relatively new to the community, some basic lurking indicates that the B&B membership has risen sharply in recent months. Additionally, B&B has been namedropped in several publications and blogs, lending increased leverage to B&B's popularity. While it's nice to expose as many people as possible to the wonders of the wet shave, I must hesitantly posit that at this accelerated growth rate, Badger & Blade may soon eclipse the very realm of gentlemanly indulgence it represents and become a separate entity of it's own!

As evidenced below, B&B's popularity continues to grow, and appears to be outpacing both wet shaving and the essential tools of our trade, safety razors! Below is a graphical comparison of search results for (a) Badger and blade, (b) wet shaving, and (c) safety razors over the last twelve months. One can also observe a comparison of search results for the same criteria since 2004 by clicking here.
proxy.php

In conclusion: The facts are clear. B&B appears to be more popular than wet shaving itself. Will threads of the future be discussions of the "future of B&B" as opposed to the "future of wet shaving?" Perhaps. Perhaps not. What is certain, though, is that B&B has ballooned from a mere social group of wet shaving enthusiasts into a power player in the world of whisker warfare.

I think, that most likely this is due to the relatively general principle that: Wetshaving just takes too long. All too often, friends of mine just say "Yah thats cool, but that'll take too long". Just a part of American culture I guess. We dont like to wait for much of anything.

Good stats, but one point: Generally B&B has been namedropped in places on the internet and possibly some paper publications, but I think It is quite possible that the recent influx of new members see this as just "another forum" whereby they can just come and hang out, which is just fine with me and just about everybody else, they just arent necessarily interested wholly in Wetshaving just yet. In time... :lol:

No doubt about it! B&B should be popular! It's one of the friendliest places I go to. A lot of people come basically because they are comfortable with it. YMMV. But what I say in its simplest form is true. Warm lather to all:cool:

I came here for the shave and stayed for the company. I'm never leaving. Is B&B better than wet shaving though... that's a real brain teaser... If I say yes, I'm a heretic. If I say no, I'm a heretic...

Hmmm...

Top Bottom