What's new

Sandalwood Lovers

I've read the reviews on SCS Sandalwood. For those of you who like Sandalwood.....is this in your rotation? Do you like it?
What others do you like?

Floris Original was by far the best Sandalwood going...Good like finding it though..I use mine just twice a year now...:frown:

Oh Yeah.....I forgot about Harris Sandalwood AS!!! That stuff is great.....I always get compliments when I wear that one!!!!

I've tried a bunch, but here are the 4 that I've kept (the smn is just a small decant so it doesn't qualify to be in the picture yet).

it's sandalo indiano by profumi di firenze. it's kind of a niche one and us is not the best place to find it.

I am eagerly awaiting delivery of a bottle of Elizabeth Arden Sandalwood - the members here spoke quite highly of it.... I will report back on how it works out...

Barry

I'm more of a sandalwood purist and think Sandalwood is perfect on its own and doesn't need anything else added to it, so as such I've disliked many of the scents I've tried that are called "sandalwood." But two really stand out.

Diptyque Tam Dao: it's a blend but (unlike Floris for example) the predominant scent is sandal. Deep, woody sandal, like opening an old Indian sandalwood box from the 19th century that you bought at an antique store. It's really rich but not cloying. A TRUE sandalwood fragrance that smells like the sandalwood prayer beads I own. Expensive though.

Nandita Fragrances Sandal incense oil: This stuff is meant to be used either on the skin or added to an oil diffuser for aromatherapy purposes. For $8 you get an 8ml vial that comes with a roll-on applicator. Apply just a little wherever you want and within 15 minutes you get the most natural, unobtrusive, musky sandalwood fragrance available, IMO. It is designed to adapt to body chemistry and lasts all day. The vial lasts forever too, since you don't need to use much. I have no idea if it's synthetic or uses the EO. But trust me, it smells like the real thing. Seriously.

Last edited:
Just ordered samples of i Profumi di Firenze's Sandalo Indiano, Sandalo Misore & Sandalo Malesia. Cool! :biggrin:

I've read the reviews on SCS Sandalwood. For those of you who like Sandalwood.....is this in your rotation? Do you like it?
What others do you like?

Back on topic. I think Sue's sandalwood is a fine cologne for the price. Gents, if you are on a budget and can't afford Tam Dao or SMN Sandalwood, pick up a bottle of Sue's elixir for a very good price.

Top Bottom