What's new

TSD colognes?

Anyone tried these "imitation colognes" from TSD - basically matching the scents they offer for soaps and creams?

The one thing that vexes me is these colognes cost 10$ for 2 oz's and some of the scents she offers include Brut type, Old Spice type, Aqua Velva type, Pinaud type, and Tabac type.

Why would anyone get imitation cologne when you could get the real thing much cheaper??

Used old spice years ago..burn baby burn was what my face yelled @ me for doing to it!..today nothing but towel wipe for excess foam..thats it!

I think the point is that you can actually get a cologne that matches the scent of AV, Brut, etc... after all these are not aftershaves - but a cologne that you can use to accompany your favorite aftershave. I think it's a great idea, but I haven't ordered anything from them yet.

Why don't you ask the vendor at The Shave Den? Where do you get Aqua Velva and Pinaud colognes?

Aqua Velva, no but Pinaud Clubman, yes. You just have to look for it.

I think the point is that you can actually get a cologne that matches the scent of AV, Brut, etc... after all these are not aftershaves - but a cologne that you can use to accompany your favorite aftershave. I think it's a great idea, but I haven't ordered anything from them yet.

Uh, you do know that Brut, Tabac, Pinaud, and Old Spice have been manufacturing their own colognes long before they started manufacturing aftershaves, right? :) That's why the OP wonders why you would buy a knock off of the real thing when you can get the real McCoy for a lot less in most cases.

Imagine if I made my own version of CK one that cost more than the real CK one? Hmm.....

I often wondered myself about TSD scents. I've never used any, mind you, and one of the reasons is because I have enough of the real stuff to get me through the millennium, barring AV cologne, which I'm curious about.

I'm guessing that these scents started out as soap scents, and then enough people started saying "Gee, I wish this was available in a cologne" :rolleyes: and so they whipped up the corresponding scents. 10.00 probably happens to be the price point that they have to sell it at in order to be profitable, being that they're not a giant corporation like Unilever, Proctor and Gamble, Combe, or AII.

Just my theory. :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom