What's new

Red tip head design affecting shaves?

Hi all-

Just started using a Gillette Red Tip 3 shaves ago. My question is about the 3 bars that jut out from in between where the blade sits and the base of the head (the comb?).
Seen here:
attachment.php

(image shamelessly taken from a google image search that linked me to a BST post by Taz from 2007)

I feel like the blade skips shaving in these areas when it is going over my face. Anyone else have the same experience or know how I can keep it from happening? Am I just imagining this?

Thanks.
-M

The blade should be touching your face so the safety bar really isn't a factor. Might check your shaving angles.

You are imagining it. Those "bars" are simply where the safety bar is anchored to the base plate. The blade's edge has clearance above the entire base plate, therefore there is no area of the blade that is not making contact with your skin. All of the Gillette safety bar razors work this very same way.

I am curious, what razor have you been using? The only thing I can think of that does not have a similar bar, is either a Merkur, or an open comb.

Top Bottom