What's new

Sheridan's liqueur

I've bought a few bottles of this over the past few years; it's a fantastic liqueur that is layered (hence the two bottles). The dark is a coffee liqueur and the white is a white chocolate type cream liqueur (similar to Irish cream). It's fantastic! Anyone else ever try it? I don't believe it's available in the US however.
proxy.php

Yes I have tried it. I found it to be pretty good. I really liked it at first, but had bought too much and got a bit sick of it over time. Also Since I quite cigarettes I haven't had any of it. For some reason this and Tequila really make me want a pre FSC marlboro.

I make a variant of this that was taught me by an upperclassman at Texas A&M in 80's. He called it a B52 but that's a different drink, I don't know what this is really called. Primary use was for loosening the inhibitions of the fairer sex, since once they get started on these they won't stop till they drop or you run out.

Still a favorite of mine (and the wife's) since it's quite a tasty and fun drink.

bottom layer: Kahlua
middle layer: Bailey's Irish Cream (or equivalent)
top layer: Cap't Morgan's Spices Rum (or equivalent spiced rum, but it needs to be spiced or it disappears beneath the other flavors)

The three layers have sufficiently large differences in density and oil content that they don't really want to mix. I keep three squeeze bottles loaded up with these so I can efficiently make nice clean layers. You'll want to have a dozen or so shot glasses queued up, because once you get started it's hard to stop.

You want to fill a small shot glass about 3/4 full, for a tall shot glass only about half full. This is tossed back in a single shot, and you don't want to drown in the stuff.

You can control the sweetness by varying the ratios of the components. The rum has the most alcohol and is the least sweet so by the end of the night it's usually the biggest layer.

Last edited:
You want to fill a small shot glass about 3/4 full, for a tall shot glass only about half full. This is tossed back in a single shot, and you don't want to drown in the stuff.

Maybe I'm just dense but, if you're doing shots isn't drowning in it the point?

Sure, but slowly, not in a single instant. If you can't get it down in a single swallow then the effect is lost as it all mixes in your mouth. Mix them together and you've got an alcoholic-coffee-thing going, which is nice but not really the desired effect. What makes this drink such a repeat offender is the fleetingness of the experience, since you can briefly taste each component as it goes past your tongue, from the alcoholic bite of the rum to the coolness of the baileys to the bitterness of the kahlua, which only then fades to the irish coffee flavor. So you can't just sip it slowly, and the only way to experience the full effect again is to slam another one.

OTOH if the girl can handle a tall shotglass full without choking then you might want to propose to her on the spot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom