What's new

Ever Ready ID Needed

I am sure that one of our SE gurus will be able to ID this Ever Ready Lather Catcher. Any Ideas of what year this one is from? What say ye?

Thanks Dave! I have wanted an ER cutout lather catcher, ever since you posted pictures of yours, quite a while back. They are just so cool! Now I just need to find a wooden handled lather catcher, one of these days. :wink:

Thanks Dave! I have wanted an ER cutout lather catcher, ever since you posted pictures of yours, quite a while back.

I remember that post well and was completely smitten by the ER cutout lather catcher as well. I managed to get a lovely wooden handled lc, with plenty of open work and scrollwork engraving on the back - really beautiful, but no ER.

There were about a half dozen of these variations, all with the cut-out "ER" made between 1904 and 1911. They all had the little cleats or shoes to retain the blade rather than the bar like the 1900/1901 bar razor did.

Here's one that I picked up a couple of months ago. Note that the lettering on the back is a little different than the one pictured above and the handle is also different. The front of the head looks the same as Windwalker's picture.

Regards,
Tom

Top Bottom