What's new

Your favorite blade in Merkur Slant........

How aggressive is too aggressive? I love the Swedes but would a Feather in this razor pretty much mean kissing your Adam's apple goodbye?

This is always going to be YMMV. But I like Personna red packs in anything, including my slant. I tried Wilkinson Swords and Feathers, but went back to the reds.

Personna red packs work very nicely for me in either my Slant or my HD. Feathers are great too.
The Gillette blue pack, Swedes tear my face up in any of my razors. I think that its a technique issue with them though.

Generally for me, any blade that I like, Swedes, Polsilver, Trig, etc. work well in my Slant.

That's my experience: any blade that I like in other razors work well in my slant. Actually, they work better.

Strangely, and this may just be me, but it seems to me that the slant makes any blade work well. Blades that are at best mediocre in other razors do just fine in my slant. It's like magic.

+1 on the feathers for me in my Slant.. 18 shaves in mine but after on the 18th shave you can tell the feather is starting to go dull! So the price point of where people say the feathers are not good, well I am paying $ .01 per shave out of this last feather I used. So basically it is cheaper then any other blade I have used in it!

Cheers,

How aggressive is too aggressive? I love the Swedes but would a Feather in this razor pretty much mean kissing your Adam's apple goodbye?

No- I think that a slant and the feather are the perfect marriage. I think that its much easier than we all make it- just no need for 3 or 4 passes with this combo- keep it to 1 or 2....

Top Bottom