What's new

$30,000 str8 razor, anyone?

Maybe this has been posted here before but I found a straight razor you can have for next to nothing, $30,000 to be exact.

http://www.hommage.com/

http://www.luxist.com/2008/09/16/the-worlds-most-expensive-razor-for-30-000

The Damascene Razor
proxy.php

Enjoy!

The blade's nice enough I guess, but I really don't like the scales one little bit.

Aside from being ugly (in my opinion) they look like they would upset the balance of the razor too.
And plated in platunium?! For that money, I'd expect them to be solid platinum!
Overall, I'd say the scales look like they were designed by someone who uses a Mach 3...

The price has nothing to do with it. There really are people out there who come into wealth without doing any tough time of their own (i.e. family fortune, wills, passed on etc) and this razor is obviously directed towards anyone with a lot of money and no brains. So, someone who shaves with a Fusion will probably buy this just to show off. The design just doesn't seem right. Even I can tell the scale looks off compared to the blade and I am not even close to being well informed about straights.

If you're a serious collector with a lot of cash and are looking for an interesting acquisition, I'd say that would fit the bill.

The price of platinum has gone up a lot in the last few years (my wedding band doubled), so the price tag makes sense.

That said, you won't get me to pay $30,000 for anything smaller than a house. :biggrin:

Even if it were the same price as my Dovo Tortoise, I wouldn't buy it!! The Dovo looks far nicer and I seriously doubt that that thing shaves 300 times better than a Dovo! I'd just buy a couple nice Dovo's or Merkurs and a new truck if I had that kind of money burning a hole in my pocket!

If you're a serious collector with a lot of cash and are looking for an interesting acquisition, I'd say that would fit the bill.

The price of platinum has gone up a lot in the last few years (my wedding band doubled), so the price tag makes sense.

That said, you won't get me to pay $30,000 for anything smaller than a house. :biggrin:

Sorry, but the platinum on this monstrosity is only plating according to the description. Put your wallet away :biggrin:

I have a feeling that the reason for the horrible scale design on this razor is because a lot of people who don't know anything about straights think the scales are a handle, as borne out by many ebay descriptions.

I guess the person who designed this razor made the same mistake, or designed it to be sold to people* who know nothing about straights.

*I used the plural 'people' in the loosest sense. I doubt if they will sell one, let alone several...

I'll take a dozen in different colors!
Seriously, the razor does not even interest me. But, a seven day set of Zowada razors... my heart starts to do some palpitations.

I'll take a dozen in different colors!
Seriously, the razor does not even interest me. But, a seven day set of Zowada razors... my heart starts to do some palpitations.

I just had a look at Zowada razors, and I agree.
Looks like I'm going to have to steal one of my gf's kidneys while she's asleep, but I'm sure she'll understand :biggrin:

Top Bottom