What's new

Newb check in

Hello all,

Finally got confirmation for my account, so here goes.

I recently pulled out the mug and brush and decided to give it one more go 'round. It's the cheapy Burma Shave brush with an old cake of Williams or Colgate soap. I can't rememebr which since it's 6+ years old. I'm doing the hybrid thing now. I lather with the soap and brush, then shave with a Gillete Fusion. Blasphemy I know, but with my budget and a costco bulk pack of Fusion refills, I'm still deciding if a Merkur HD is in the cards for me. I do have an order for a bowl of Tabac on the way after finding a deal on amazon. My next goal is to splurge for a new brush. These forums have been a wealth of knowledge as have the Mantic youtube videos. Thanks for all the insights into a formerly dull task.

Zirkdog --

The migration you're doing is the preferred sequence, IMO. There's nothing wrong with going to a brush and cream/soap while using up your cartridges. Personally, I recommend going directly to a good brush right off the bat and using a decent cream or soap. Then migrating to a DE razor down the road. When you get the DE, order a razor blade sampler from Westcoastshaving.com

Check out the stickied thread at the top of this forum for links to all the tutorials and go through them.

Welcome aboard!

-- John Gehman

Welcome!

--Mark

In one of your old blog posts you mentioned your videos showing up in odd places. That's what got me re-interested and how I ended up here.

It was a forum on AR15.com dealing with shaving in survival situations using a straight or DE. Some links there led me to Classic Shaving and Shave My Face. That in turn led me to your youtube videos and B&B.

Top Bottom