What's new

Auchentoshan 10 year - Anyone tried it?

I bought this blind, I'd never seen it before and it was the last one left in the store. Curious to know if anyone has had any experience with it?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Meh.

I tried a bottle a few years ago. Mild stuff, doubtless typical of lowland single malts. There's nothing "wrong" with it, just not my cup of tea ... I'll go for western island, Speyside & highland stuff every time.

I love the 3 wood from Auchentoshan but I haven't had it in ages. Don't know about the 10 yr however sorry.

The 10 year old was replaced by a 12 year old version this summer, so looks like you got an older bottle

I noticed that, could be a cool bonus, or a major disappointment if the stuff is great.

It's actually for a friend, our birthdays are a month apart and each year we do a Scotch exchange and share a few glasses so that we can experience more different drinks without incurring too much personal expenses.

I would have gone for the Ardbeg but it's abit higher than the price range for this year.

I'm sure if you love it there will be bottles around online for a while as companies should in theory have a small old stock backup.

I had some of the 12yr old on friday night. I didn't find it anything to write home about but it was a perfectly pleasant drink for the evening. My friend drinks a fair bit of it and was keen for me to try it, I'm sure I could have put the £27 to better use but then he may not have thought so.

Top Bottom