What's new

Alum Block

I am on the hunt for alum block but I want to go the route of the deodorant style. I have seen some that are basically a block in a roll on container. I want to get one with the potassium alum. Any suggetions on brand and a reputable online source to get them?

You bet...

The roll-on style is a Potassium based alum:
http://www.thecrystal.com
proxy.php

The roll-on is more liquid, I pesonally use the block style deodorant from them that is the other alum type, but it's not bad at all. I shave my whole head and this is the way to go for me.

GNC sells this one and this one, both are rock form and are Potassium Alum. I have used this TCCD brand and it worked great.

As always, check the ingredients on the product at the store to ensure you are getting Potassium Alum.

Crap, you're right ... my bad. I guess I just assumed that TCCD deodorants were potassium alum based. Thanks for the correction.

At any rate, here is the product that I purchased at my local GNC, which is potassium alum but not listed on the GNC website. If you have a GNC or natural food store close by these are good places to find solid rock deodorant.

classicshaving.com offers a nice alum block in their own brand that I believe is potassium (not 100% sure though). I like it because it's big, cheap, and comes with its own travel case.

I use ammonium alum...it works fine. It stings a bit on a nik or razorburn, but so does aftershave. What's the problem with it supposed to be?

Top Bottom