What's new

T&H Ultimate Comfort

Just got my sample and this thing lathers amazingly even without a brush. The pre shave oil and aftershave samples were also pretty amazing.

I read somewhere this is a departure on t&H's traditional products. Its made for younger men who wouldn't like the scented t&h creams. Its considered to be an unscented Nancy boy since it might also be able to be used brush less and is thicker according to the same article.

What do you think? Is it worth buying the Ultimate comfort line(preshave, shave cream and aftershave balm)>

I was quite impressed too! I love the smell of the pre shave oil, a nice orangy scent. The cream lathers up nicely and I got a nice smooth shave with it. I would probably pick some up it's just for me I get shaves just as good with cheaper creams (i.e. Proraso, The Body Shop, Nancy Boy).

I really like the cream and balm, but can't really afford it. So it's for younger men that are not at school anymore.

I might be a young man (23), bug I hate the citrus smell of the oil. I did not try it yet. I got TGR samples today so I will be able to compare T&H, TGR and regular Vitamin E oil (the lady who cuts my hair used this when she was shaving clients with a straight).

the cream is sublime, i´ve used it for a while, and then gave it to a friend in need, but the smell of lavander and earl gray tea...

What do you think? Is it worth buying the Ultimate comfort line(preshave, shave cream and aftershave balm)>
I have a tube pining away in a cupboard as I'm not really fond of the lavender scent. It lathers well and shaves pleasantly, no doubt about it, but once you factor in price (€15 per 100 ml), it becomes daylight robbery as far as I'm concerned. For that price, you get almost basic soap in cream form with lots of glycerin which in itself isn't the most expensive of chemicals.

The competition:
  • my tube of recently bought Body Shop Maca Root cream costs €7,60 per 100 ml (€7 if you get the tub) and performs at least as well;
  • Musgo Real comes in at €10,50 per 100 ml, is equally concentrated as T&H UC, perhaps even more so, and in my case gives a better shave;
  • Arko Citrus costs €2 per 100 ml (or even less), and leaves my skin softer than anything I've yet tried so far---undoubtedly the result of all the glycerin in its formulation. The lather positively glistens. Arko is, however, less concentrated, but not to the extent that it explains a price difference of 750% (!!). And at €2 per tube (or less), who on Earth is going to complain about economising...?
In other words, T&H may be a nice manufacturer, but they're just too expensive to be interesting. If your skin is allergic to something, then things are of course different, but it doesn't sit right with me that you actually get a simpler product yet have to pay more.

Used my sample today. Really liked it...doesnt shave any better than proraso so not sure if I will pick it up because its about 3 times more expensive.

But I liked the scent.

is it worth it, hmm can't answer that's up to you.

for me I really like the shave cream it performs great and gives me a great shave it is one of the few products in 2 years of using the better items that I finished and replaced with a tub of the same. imho it is as good as any other similarly priced cream for the most past. I keep it in my rotation and it will be repalced again when ever empty.

As far as the pre-shave oil well it is very nicely scented and it is a light oil unlike AOS which is very heavy I am just not sold on it's preformance and not just T&H but any pre-shave oil being that necessary still I keep a bottle in stock and use it for special shaves when I am going for say BBS or if I got some really heavy stubble if I missed quite a few days shaving.

I have not tried the balm yet.

I received two 5 ml. samples of U.C. a while ago and just have not gotten around to trying it out. I guess I will sometime this week, just hope I have enough control this time,( if I do love it), to resist buying it for a while. The Indes need it more than my beloved T&H, bloody Englishmen.:punk:

I was impressed by the cream, and it's "latherability." I actually really liked the "unscented" smell.

I tried a sample of the UC cream and was impressed. Used it with the T&H pre-shave oil for a great shave. It seemed to lather just a bit more than my T&H West Indian Limes (which lathers great as it is).

I liked the T&H Ultimate Comfort samples, but not enough to pay what they are asking for them. I thought the cream worked about as well as CO Bigelow Green tube(proraso) and I like the scent better, but not enough to pay 3 to 4 times as much for it.

The pre shave oil seemed to work well, but not really any better than using OCM, hair conditioner, or proraso pre/post.

I also really liked the balm. It had a nice thin consistency and seemed to soak in well, but again, it wasn't really much if any better than nivea or nuetrogena, or other balms to make it worth paying 4 times as much or more for it.

So all in all good stuff but not much bang for your buck.

Confused! ...that about describes my experiences with Ultimate Comfort.

When I first got the T&H pillow sample I was extremely impressed. Nice mild lavender fragrance and thick creamy lather was easy to build. It was also my first completely BBS and irritation free shave ever (I have been shaving for 20 years mainly with a gillette cartridge and then a DE for 3 months before that). I immediately got myself a tub. However when I got the tub I was more than a little disappointed. It was as if it was a completely different cream! Synthetic smelling, almost watery and impossible to get a good lather. No cushion, no slickness. Poor shaves were the predictable result. I persisted with it for a few weeks but then decided to put it away. That is, until I read an article about how Ulitmate Comfort was designed more for younger, less traditional shaver who perhaps wouldn't bother with a brush or a DE or straight. This got me thinking. I'm going away with a few mates this weekend and I didn't want to spend time 30min in the mornings shaving so I thought I'd try the Ultimate Comfort without a brush. Just a dab on my finger and a quick swirl over my wet face. WOW is all I can say! Nice slick lather and a super smooth shave. I'd put it up there with my top 2 or 3 creams/soaps. In terms of results I would have to say it is up there with my best shaves!

I will still use my Arlington soap and Trumpers Coconut as lathering with a brush and spending a good 30min alone looking after myself in the morning feels great. For the times when I need a quick, smooth and irritation free shave then I have a great option in Ultimate Comfort. Brilliant!

For those of you with who have not been impressed with Ultimate Comfort and have it sitting in the back of the cupboard give it another go! You have nothing to lose! ... why it feels so different to my sample I have no idea!

It lathered great for me, but I was unimpressed with the shave itself.

+1

I love the smell and rich lather of this stuff, but it doesn't cushion the blade terribly well and I think one of the ingredients burns the **** out of my face. Oddly enough, the 1805 cream cushioned much better for me and caused less irritation than the UC, while Grafton was worse than either. Go figure.

Top Bottom