What's new

Production Ended Of The R89/41 !

After asking where Mühle made their razors they came up with some news too; the R89/41 as we know it is no longer in production.
They keep the same names as it seems for some new designs; a straight bar with a DOVO head for now (in a few months they will mount it with a design of their own) and an open comb of which I don't know the head design.
Now what do you think of that.

Can't wait.:w00t::w00t:

I am kind of excited too. Thought I didn't need any razors anymore but I think I just find a very good reason!
I like the handle design very much and it seems to be solid.
The guy from Mühle said they would launch it probably in november...

I found a spot online to get an R89 (as we know it today) shipped for $40 in the US. That was the best deal I could find. Once I receive it I'll post a link...

I would be less motivated to buy one of their razors if it is just a standard Merkur head. The fact that it was different was what they had going for them. That is a nice looking handle though.

Hopefully it will arrive early next week and I will then post the link. It was a pretty decent secure site, but I never heard of it before so I'm a little wary of it for some reason. But it's in my nature is to take chances, so I did.

i have a R41, agressive little bugger...

now looking at those pictures, the bottom plate is the bottom plate from a Merkur HD head, so im guessing its an HD, short barberpole,

as theres no picture of the bottom of the open comb head, so i cant say,
but i allready have 3 HD´s and a progress, so i think im going to pass,

I'll probably buy the open comb, since the handle is different from my R89... but I'll pass on the one with the standard Merkur head and wait for the one with their own design to come out.

I would be less motivated to buy one of their razors if it is just a standard Merkur head. The fact that it was different was what they had going for them. That is a nice looking handle though.

I'll probably buy the open comb, since the handle is different from my R89... but I'll pass on the one with the standard Merkur head and wait for the one with their own design to come out.

I guess the open comb head remains the same ,but I agree that the DOVO-head only has a collectors value as it will be produced for a very short while.
As for shaving with it I am also much more interested in their new straight bar design but the guy at Mühle didn't have any pics yet.
It seems that the straight bar model is going to be the new R89 and the open comb will the new R41.They want to launch the new models in november. I guess from these pictures that the handle is shorter as well as slimmer than the barberpoles.
Can't wait till they are available...:drool:

It came to mind that the straight bar version with the DOVO/Merkur head is only there for the picture and will not be for sale at all. So I sent another e-mail to Mühle to find out. Will let you know as soon as I know more !!

I just bought an razor from Stoddards in Boston that looks a lot like the R89. The gentleman working in the store said it was "some Italian brand". The box and the razor are not marked at all.

Haven't had the courage to test it yet, as the other posts I found about this razor said it was pretty aggressive. I went in there to find a 38C, but I figure for $28 I'm not out too much.

I just bought an razor from Stoddards in Boston that looks a lot like the R89. The gentleman working in the store said it was "some Italian brand". The box and the razor are not marked at all.

Haven't had the courage to test it yet, as the other posts I found about this razor said it was pretty aggressive. I went in there to find a 38C, but I figure for $28 I'm not out too much.

The funny thing is that mr. Mueller from Mühle told me the (old) R89/41 are Italian made...Can you post a picture of it?

The funny thing is that mr. Mueller from Mühle told me the (old) R89/41 are Italian made...Can you post a picture of it?

The yellow color on the head is from the flash/focusing beam. The razor is all silver. Picture is not great, sorry.

Top Bottom