What's new

Acquisitions September 8 - September 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
this was waiting for me when i arrived home today........................
these are ebay photos.........cleaned up really nice with some polish and elbow grease. $15.00 all in.

proxy.php

I was hoping I could clean up the Craftsman without losing the etch, but after getting it in my hands it doesn't look good:frown:...the reynolds with the humpback is cleaner than it looks in the photo though, and the Greaves with the finger notch is pretty clean too. Gem is NOS...the blade pack is still plastic wrapped:cool:

Way cool blades!

From Vintage Blades:

Thayer's alcohol-free witch hazel
D. R. Harris almond shaving cream
Rooney style 3, size 1 shaving brush (faux ivory, super badger)

From The Gentlemens Refinery, a sample pack containing one sample of each:

The Standard Pre Shave Oil
The Standard Shave Cream
Black Ice Shave Cream
UnScented Shave Cream
The Standard After Shave Balm
UnScented After Shave Balm
The Standard Moisturizer

From Vintage Blades:

Thayer's alcohol-free witch hazel
D. R. Harris almond shaving cream
Rooney style 3, size 1 shaving brush (faux ivory, super badger)

From The Gentlemens Refinery, a sample pack containing one sample of each:

The Standard Pre Shave Oil
The Standard Shave Cream
Black Ice Shave Cream
UnScented Shave Cream
The Standard After Shave Balm
UnScented After Shave Balm
The Standard Moisturizer

Sweet Score!!!

I acquired two SS's one no date and the other a z-1 (1954). They both are better than I thought. The Z1 has minor brassing on underside of the head. Other than that it has some black on the end of the handle. The no date 40's SS has a spot of brassing underneath the head of the razor and very little on the end of the handle. Although, it seems the mechanics might be a little off. When you open the razor the part that twists on the handle falls showing a gap in the handle and lowering the head a bit. It locks down so I don't think it affects anything. Thoughts?
Lastly, I no date gold ball end tech. Near lost some gold plating on the bars and a bit on the head. Other than that it looks great.
This was my best haul so far and I thought I would share.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
At my local $1 dollar store I picked up an 8 ounce bottle of Macho Sport Scent After Shave. and a 5 ounce bottle of Florida Water Cologne.

The Macho smells vaguely of Baby Powder and Menthol. The Florida Water smells, well like Florida Water:lol:

Dang, Dang, Dang... Where is my support group when I need them:

Vintage unused Merkur Progress.. had already told Rodd that I was only watching and
NOT bidding....

I will not bid on eBay
I will not bid on eBay
I will not bid on eBay
I will not bid on eBay
I will not bid on eBay
I will not bid on eBay
I will not bid on eBay
I will not bid on eBay

Wayne, for the price you got that, I should have intercepted. Sorry I dropped the ball on that one, really sorry... Congratulations, that is sweet! I want more pictures when you get it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom