What's new

Any non drinkers?

Are you a drinker of alcohol?

• yes

• I quit

• occasionally, no more than once a week

• no, never have

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm a non-drinker (of alcohol that is). It's nothing religious or anything like that... I just don't like the taste of it.

I may drink half a glass of champagne on New Year's Eve, but that's about it for me.

This thread inspired me to count.

I've currently got 51 bottles in my liquor cabinet.

I enjoy all aspects of drinking alcohol, I generally only get drunk on weekends. A beer or two with supper or an after dinner cocktail during the week here and there. Friday and Saturday nights I'll generally have anywhere from 6-12 drinks and I'm not as much of a lush as I used to be. Working 4pm-12am shifts a few years back it was 6-12 drinks every night... I'm glad that stopped.

Not a drop. Ever.

But hey, if you like to drink things that thin the blood, kill the braincells, dry you out and generally make you go weewee every 5 minutes....more power to ya.

Uh oh, methinks we have a topic of discussion now. :tongue: (And for the love of god, don't take most of this post seriously... please (not you specifically, people in general))
Booze makes you clever
Beer makes people have sex with you
Beer Makes You Rich
Miracle Properties of Beer

I don't drink anymore. But I don't drink anyless either.

But seriously, I have a couple of drinks now and then, but I don't define myself or others by preference in beverages.

Though I didn't have my first until I was 22, all the booze with my name on it got used up! Was thinking about it (still think about it often) and found this thread from years ago.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I was a drinker of beer. Fine craft beer was always a pursuit. Never had an issue. Rarely got drunk. Maybe had a couple two or three times a week at most. Had a hard drink or wine a couple of times per year. Was mostly a beer guy. But I developed a digestive order where the symptoms and the meds don't play nice with alcohol. I can't stop completely, that would be just awful. So now I have a beer or two approx once every 6 to 8 weeks. I will have a couple of sips of a nice wine if the wife breaks out something good. Don't really miss it. And I enjoy it more when I do have a couple.

A lovely week in the hospital last year with pancreatitis convinced me to stop drinking alcohol and to give up red meat. No alcohol or red meat for nearly a year.

I enjoy a drink but rarely, if ever, get drunk. I really don't understand the fact that some people, and this is a big problem in the UK, cannot go out without getting blind drunk. Much better to be sensible, enjoy a few drinks, and wake up in the morning not having made a fool of yourself and without a hangover.

My wife is pretty much a non-drinker, she just doesn't like the taste of alcohol.

Sounds like our home. I enjoy a good drink or glass of wine. Makes a meal more enjoyable. Haven't overdone it in quite a while.

I enjoy a drink but rarely, if ever, get drunk. I really don't understand the fact that some people, and this is a big problem in the UK, cannot go out without getting blind drunk. Much better to be sensible, enjoy a few drinks, and wake up in the morning not having made a fool of yourself and without a hangover.

My wife is pretty much a non-drinker, she just doesn't like the taste of alcohol.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Someone just awoke from a seven year hangover.

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

Am I a Non drinker? I've never seen this Non in the liquor store before. Is it a spirit, wine or beer? Can you make good cocktails with it?

Only if shaken and not stirred, put in a chilled glass, and garnished with a pimento olive.

I've come to the conclusion that getting blind drunk is a waste of good alcohol. Thank goodness in my youth I only wasted so-so alcohol!!

Top Bottom