What's new

The Official Guide to Israeli Made DE Blades

Babalu,

To your answer! It is hard to say, but Squire from another forum has posted detail information and review each blade and finds different specifications. Though, I can say my self that these Personna Blades are all different from each other. We have the US Personnas, The Crystal or Super+ Israeli, and the Red Packs, plus the bulk packaging. Different countries do different specifications, but i give you he information and you can decide yourself. That is why there is lots of confusion on which personna is the best.

I am not sure if I can post the link, but here it is for the detail reviews: Squire Details

You see the reviews by these names: Crystal, Red Personna

Hope this is helpful!

Dark

Babalu,

To your answer! It is hard to say, but Squire from another forum has posted detail information and review each blade and finds different specifications. Though, I can say my self that these Personna Blades are all different from each other. We have the US Personnas, The Crystal or Super+ Israeli, and the Red Packs, plus the bulk packaging. Different countries do different specifications, but i give you he information and you can decide yourself. That is why there is lots of confusion on which personna is the best.

I am not sure if I can post the link, but here it is for the detail reviews: Squire Details

You see the reviews by these names: Crystal, Red Personna

Hope this is helpful!

Dark

Thank You! This is very good.

I have the Personnas in the last photo of the first post.

I was wondering what you guys think of them, if anyone has tried them. They're pretty cheap and can be found in supermarkets in Sweden.

Hello Porman

Those are also the ones I use. I am able to buy them for 0,75 cent € for 1 pack of 10 plades. It is also cheap here in Spain.
I like them, they are smooth buy I do not go further than 3 shaves per blade.
Regards,

I don't even go more than two shaves on those.

If I'm lucky two per each side of the blade. They're cheap as well. I get them for about 29 Swedish crowns (2.90 Euro) a pack.

I have not thought about Personna blades in a while since the Americans and the IPs gave me the same mediocre performance in my SS. I now have a Fatboy and I have discovered that the American Ps are fantastic used in this device. So, this brings me back a few years ago when it seemed to me that the American Personnas, IPs, ASR Walmarts, CV's, Albertson's or whatever ASR performed the same given that they are identified as platinum chrome or platinum or chromium. My question: Is there absolute proof that these blades made in different countries are made to different specs? Or, are these really the same blades (same specs) made in different countries, but in different packaging?

I have high level confirmation that these blades are made to different specifications depending on the customer.

2,90 euros a pack is expensive, here in spain they cost arond 1.10 to 0.90 euro a pack at some shops, and go down to 75 cents a pack if order from casa rodriguez,
i get 2-3 shaves out of them, but at 9 cents a blade, i dont really care,

It might be expensive for you, but I merely converted the cost into euros which might be a bad idea, since that currency is very different in value in various countries.

Let me try again. For the same price I get those blades, I get four litres of milk or one beer at a mid priced bar.

Milk is actually kind of cheap in Sweden.

30 Swedish kronor isn't that much.

10 Personna = 29 SEK
5 Gillette platinum = 55 SEK
10 Merkur = 50 SEK
10 Feather = 50 SEK

Btw, what are the Personna's on the bottom of the picture called?

If I recall correctly,

I think they are call Tesco's, but for the single wrapping which comes in bulk of 250. Those are called USA Personna for Barbershops. Any barber will know what they are! Please correct me if I am wrong on the Tesco's.

Dark

my brother leocated the factory somewhere north of haifa, in israel, but they dont seem to respond well to local customers, all their product is dedicated to export,

If I recall correctly,

I think they are call Tesco's, but for the single wrapping which comes in bulk of 250. Those are called USA Personna for Barbershops. Any barber will know what they are! Please correct me if I am wrong on the Tesco's.

Dark
noob question.....I see you have some of these on your Bay store. wondering if you shaved with these and what other DE razor would you compare them to?

Last edited:
Nrek619,

I didn't understand your question on the personna blade. Do you want me to compare to razor or the blade? The blades are compared to the Walmart Personna.

Yes, I have shaved with that blade. Too sharp, I got a cut accross my upper left lip. I was at work with a line on my face for about 4 days till it healed.

Hope this answers your question!

Dark

aslong as you´re not picking up those horrible blades that cost 2 shekel in shook ha carmel in tel aviv, i picked up a pack of those last year and after the first pass the entire pack ended up in the trash,

aslong as you´re not picking up those horrible blades that cost 2 shekel in shook ha carmel in tel aviv, i picked up a pack of those last year and after the first pass the entire pack ended up in the trash,

I'm buying them at the drug store !
they are super stainless steel , polymer coated .
here's a pic :

Are the new "red pack" Personna blades now being sold in the WalMart packs?

This is a photo of the pack I bought from WalMart a month or so ago, that I was not real impressed with. But I got a sample-pack from West Coast a couple of weeks ago that has the red-pack Personnas in it, and they look like the same blades.

I also noticed that the WalMart pack still states "Dispense in direction of arrows" when there are no arrows on the blades - this totally confused me at first :tongue_sm

Anyway, I was wondering if they came from the same birthplace or not, as I was not real happy with them and was wondering if I should even bother trying the reds or not.

proxy.php

Are the new "red pack" Personna blades now being sold in the WalMart packs?

Just now noticed a difference in the blades - these WalMart ones, even though they look nearly identical now to the red-pack ones, have "Made in USA" printed along the side. The red-pack ones I received have the "ABCD" marking.
I guess I will still have to give the red-packs a chance after all :tongue:

Top Bottom