What's new

Have you tried the RazoRock 26mm Monster synthetic brush?

I'm thinking of buying a RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic 26mm Monster brush. I would like some inputs if you have used one. Right now I use my Muhle XL 25mm and love it. I thought I would try the RazoRock just to mix things up.
What I like about the Muhle is the way the brush flares out when it is dry and just sitting there. It feels so good on my face. I know the RazoRock probably won't be as dense as the Muhle but how does it feel? I plan on using it mostly for face lathering.

Last edited:

I'm thinking of buying a RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic 26mm Monster brush. I would like some inputs if you have used one. Right now I use my Muhle XL 25mm and love it. I thought I would try the RazoRock just to mix things up.
What I like about the Muhle is the way the brush flares out when it is dry and just sitting there. It feels so good on my face. I know the RazoRock probably won't be as dense as the Muhle but how does it feel? I plan on using it mostly for face lathering.

you might wanna take a look at the razorock big bruce. It has the same size knot as the razorock monster, but on a more comfortable handle. I have the monster, the regular 24mm razorock plissoft, and the big bruce. I like the big bruce the best.:biggrin1:

I love the monster. It is my daily go to for both bowl and face lathering. It has that "cover your face" feel. However, [MENTION=78104]JohnW[/MENTION]ilson may have a point. The monster's handle is huge. I've gotten use to it but I bet I'd prefer something smaller.

I love the monster. It is my daily go to for both bowl and face lathering. It has that "cover your face" feel. However, @JohnWilson may have a point. The monster's handle is huge. I've gotten use to it but I bet I'd prefer something smaller.

So the handle is that much larger than a normal handle?

If someone could post a picture of it next to a normal size handle that would be helpful.

This is the one I am considering:

$Monster.jpg

I have a Razorock Plissoft Monster and the smaller Razorock Plissoft shave brush (that runs $9.99). I liked both of them so much, Ive bought several as gifts. While I find both to be excellent, I prefer the smaller one. I face lather soaps, and the smaller brush is the perfect size for how I use a brush. I really think that you can't go wrong with either.

you might wanna take a look at the razorock big bruce. It has the same size knot as the razorock monster, but on a more comfortable handle. I have the monster, the regular 24mm razorock plissoft, and the big bruce. I like the big bruce the best.:biggrin1:

I hear a lot of positive comments about the Big Bruce...might have to grab one

I have the regular Plissoft, the Monster and the regular Bruce. I think I like the regular Bruce the best. I bought the Monster during a phase where I though bigger is better in brushes. Now, I've scaled back the size of the last couple brushes I bought. Besides the Bruce I also bought an Omega 10066 as a comparison to my Omega Pro 49. Again, while I do like the Pro, I think I just like a brush that is a little smaller in general. Then again, i could change my mind tomorrow and be back to bigger is better. I know. I'm no help at all. I will agree with others that the handle is not the most comfortable in the world. It's not that it's uncomfortable. But I bet the Big Bruce would be your better bet. I just like that general shape better. Good luck. In the end, whether bigger is better or not, one thing is true......more is better. Why should I be the only one to suffer from BAD?

I got my Big Bruce 2-3 weeks back and find it to be a fantastic brush. I mostly face lather (lately) but this brush so far has done whatever I've asked of it. Face feel is great.

--Lee

I have the regular Plissoft, the Monster and the regular Bruce. I think I like the regular Bruce the best. I bought the Monster during a phase where I though bigger is better in brushes. Now, I've scaled back the size of the last couple brushes I bought. Besides the Bruce I also bought an Omega 10066 as a comparison to my Omega Pro 49. Again, while I do like the Pro, I think I just like a brush that is a little smaller in general. Then again, i could change my mind tomorrow and be back to bigger is better. I know. I'm no help at all. I will agree with others that the handle is not the most comfortable in the world. It's not that it's uncomfortable. But I bet the Big Bruce would be your better bet. I just like that general shape better. Good luck. In the end, whether bigger is better or not, one thing is true......more is better. Why should I be the only one to suffer from BAD?

Thanks, I like your analysis. I'm starting to lean toward the Big Bruce.

I used the Monster as my daily brush for months, hefty handle, can be a little sloppy if you leave a lot of water in it but a great brush, I haven't tried the Big Bruce, I got it when it first came out and it works well

The Monster is my #1 brush right now. I bought it several months ago but didn't use it until my old Wilkinson Sword boar brush wore out about a month ago. This brush takes no effort at all for me to load it from a mug, and I think that I could probably get 6 or more passes if I wanted to try. I have larger hands so I find that the handle works very well for me.

I used the Monster as my daily brush for months, hefty handle, can be a little sloppy if you leave a lot of water in it but a great brush

I concur. The Monster is one great brush for that "Lather Galore" shave. It never fails to deliver all of the thick lather you could hope for. And the best part is that you need no skill whatsoever to get that great lather.

But as you say it can be a little sloppy if you start with too much water. I find in this case that some of the excess water can roll down my forearm when doing the face lather thing. It's a minor issue that can be fixed using a moist (not soggy) brush dipped half-way into the water before loading the brush.

So to someone considering this brush I say - Go for it ! It won't cost you much and I suspect that you'll really enjoy it.

Top Bottom