What's new

Are You a Parker Varient User?

This is an interesting razor but, it also costs what a pretty good Gillette would cost with some patience on Ebay.

Is it better or the same as a Gillette?

Better, trust me. Plenty of excellent reviews here. QC might be the only issue with this razor and that is just being overly critical. The shave is outstanding. But, the only way you will know is trying it out for yourself. I did and no regrets. Better than a Progress and in some areas the Futur....

I ordered the Variant because I have been curious about trying out the Progress for the longest time. Under the condition of me finding a used Progress for a good price. I felt I heard too many negative reviews about the Progress to justify the retail price. So when I heard the great reviews on the Variant, it was a no brainer for to pick one up.
Better, trust me. Plenty of excellent reviews here. QC might be the only issue with this razor and that is just being overly critical. The shave is outstanding. But, the only way you will know is trying it out for yourself. I did and no regrets. Better than a Progress and in some areas the Futur....

I ordered the Variant because I have been curious about trying out the Progress for the longest time. Under the condition of me finding a used Progress for a good price. I felt I heard too many negative reviews about the Progress to justify the retail price. So when I heard the great reviews on the Variant, it was a no brainer for to pick one up.

You won't be disappointed. It really is that good. Just inspect it when you receive it. Some gents here have received some Variants with minor issues of manufacturing tolerances and the dial adjustment being just a bit off, really nothing major but keep an eye out for it. I'm not bad mouthing the Progress one bit, it shaves great, just not as smooth and efficient as the Variant.

You won't be disappointed. It really is that good. Just inspect it when you receive it. Some gents here have received some Variants with minor issues of manufacturing tolerances and the dial adjustment being just a bit off, really nothing major but keep an eye out for it. I'm not bad mouthing the Progress one bit, it shaves great, just not as smooth and efficient as the Variant.
Thanks!

Thank you all for your input, links, and snide remarks. I have pulled the trigger and placed my order. My only regret was that I waited too long to get the black handled one, so I've settled for the satin chrome. Me being me, I may just attempt to paint the handle myself. Maybe some cool color, like fire engine red perhaps!

Thank you all for your input, links, and snide remarks. I have pulled the trigger and placed my order. My only regret was that I waited too long to get the black handled one, so I've settled for the satin chrome. Me being me, I may just attempt to paint the handle myself. Maybe some cool color, like fire engine red perhaps!

Your waiting may be a blessing in disguise as there is word going around that there was some problems with the black wearing off the black handles prematurely. This is supported by the fact that Maggards and IB are currently carrying only the silver handle.

As for painting the handle yourself, North Shore Razors already did some custom paint jobs on the Variants, and I am sure Delta Echo will do one at your request.

It was a pleasure giving you all the input, links and the great snide remarks that you needed in convincing you to spend your hard earned cash in joining the RAD Variant movement! :thumbup1: No really, enjoy it. It will be one of the best and smoothest shaves you will achieve for under $100..... Aren't to many who can claim that, and being Adjustable is icing on the cake....

there is word going around that there was some problems with the black wearing off the black handles prematurely.

Evidence: $IMG_0944.jpg

I have to say that Howie from Super Safety Razors is great to deal with. I had received a Black Variant from the very first batch in December. That razor had a plating problem on the underside of the cap. Howie replied to my e-mail in less than an hour and sent a replacement razor from his second batch in mid December.

Today, I noticed the plating problem mentioned in this thread and in my photo. Howie once again replied to my e-mail in only a matter of minutes offering a replacement satin chrome version of the razor under warranty.

His speed of reply and replacement is really outstanding and is the best I've experienced in the wet-shaving world.

Last edited:
Howie also mentioned in his e-mail that Parker is going to change the way they apply the black finish to avoid this kind of problem. Great to see a distributor working proactively with the supplier to improve the product.

Your waiting may be a blessing in disguise as there is word going around that there was some problems with the black wearing off the black handles prematurely. This is supported by the fact that Maggards and IB are currently carrying only the silver handle.

As for painting the handle yourself, North Shore Razors already did some custom paint jobs on the Variants, and I am sure Delta Echo will do one at your request.
:thumbup1:

Top Bottom