What's new

New guy in North Carolina

Greetings,
I have been looking at this site for awhile and finally decided to join. I have been shaving with a double edge for about 6 months and just got a gold dollar 208 in the mail. I got lucky and got one that did not have the shoulder that has to be removed before honing. It took about 45 minutes to set the bevel and get it sharp. I tried it last night on just my cheeks and it pulled like crazy. I came back to B&B and figured out my angle was wrong. I know that it is plenty sharp as it smoothly took a nice section of hair off my thigh when I was practicing changing the angle. I will give it another go in a couple of days.

Thanks for all the helpful information on this site. Unfortunately, I think I am addicted now....

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Welcome! I should point out that new members from North Carolina are required to pay an admission fee of one pound of pulled pork and a pint of your choice of either Eastern or Western North Carolina bbq sauce. We're not picky.

Have fun!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Always great to get another Tar Heel on board!

Welcome! Do you have experience with honing straight razors? If not you may want to get it honed by a professional so that you at least know what an edge should feel like. Also, what types of hones do you use?

Welcome to Badger and Blade, I used to live nearish to Southern Pines in Vass. I was stationed at Bragg for 9 years. Are you military?

Welcome! Do you have experience with honing straight razors? If not you may want to get it honed by a professional so that you at least know what an edge should feel like. Also, what types of hones do you use?

Thanks! No to razor honing experience but I am kind of a knife guy and like to learn by doing. It is all part of the experience for me. I have a couple of waterstones but after working on my razor I believe that I need a couple of higher grit models to pair with the razor. I have already learned what I thought was sharp enough was not.

Welcome! I should point out that new members from North Carolina are required to pay an admission fee of one pound of pulled pork and a pint of your choice of either Eastern or Western North Carolina bbq sauce. We're not picky.

Have fun!

Thanks! BBQ is only chopped and only eastern sauce!!

Top Bottom