What's new

Wolfman OC or Timeless OC

Hi Gents: Hope all is well with you and your families. I am very intrigued with the Wolfman OC and Timeless OC. I have been fortunate to be on the Wolfman wait list on July 2016 however, my name has not been called. So.... Lately I have been very interested in the Timeless OC. I know each has it's gap aka .68 and .95.

I do have the Wolfman SB and love it. My favorite SB razors are probably the Weber DLC, Wolfman SB, Barbaros TR1, favorite slants (iKON #102), and favorite OC is the ATT M2. So if you own either one or both . . . kindly tell me your thoughts of each and if you may also tell me the blade gap. Thanks in advance.

WARHAWK

I don't have a Wolfman to compare, but I do have the ATT M2 and R2, as well as the Timeless OC in .68 and .95 gaps. If you like using the ATT M2, you will LOVE the Timeless OC .68. The Timeless feels milder, yet is more efficient than the ATT in my opinion. I believe the Timeless bends the blade down a little more, and that change in angle really improves the shave, plus the Timeless is a functional little piece of art! That being said, I still have a Wolfman in my sights!

I don't have a Wolfman to compare, but I do have the ATT M2 and R2, as well as the Timeless OC in .68 and .95 gaps. If you like using the ATT M2, you will LOVE the Timeless OC .68. The Timeless feels milder, yet is more efficient than the ATT in my opinion. I believe the Timeless bends the blade down a little more, and that change in angle really improves the shave, plus the Timeless is a functional little piece of art! That being said, I still have a Wolfman in my sights!

I don't have a Wolfman but do own the SB and OC Timeless in the .68 blade gap . I have to agree with Mogaert I have owned the ATT M2 and the Timeless blows it away . Since I've bought my Timeless razors I have since sold off the rest of my collection . These razors are in a class all their own . You will not be disappointed .

I do not have either, so take this with a grain of salt. I do have a Wolfman SB which has (mostly) cured my RAD.

Based on that experience and the total pleasure of dealing with James, my preference would be another Wolfman! :thumbup1:

I own quite a few high end razors and I find myself picking up the Timeless .68 SB over the others most days. Second is the LA Shaving BBS-1 followed by the Wolfman OC in standard gap. If I had to pick only two razors I'd definitely keep the Timeless .68 and the BBS-1.

The Timeless SB razor in .68 is extremely comfortable to shave with while still being very efficient. It's this combination that has me picking it over the others. It's the most comfortable razor I own. The BBS-1 shares this attribute but is is slightly more aggressive than the Timeless and almost as comfortable.

I do have the Timeless .95 head in the SB version as well. It's another excellent razor but slightly more aggressive and not quite as comfortable to shave with as the more milder version. My preference there is the .68.

To choose between Timeless and Wolfman is tough as they are both outstanding. The Timeless is a lot heavier, the Wolfman much lighter. Both have excellent build quality and are a pleasure to use. Given that you can actually purchase a Timeless razor without the wait list I'd pick one up now. You could always order the Wolfman when your name comes up and try it as well. Whichever one you don't prefer you could likely sell pretty quickly.

I have the Timeless .95 OC with the short handle, and its a fine and beautiful razor, although, you need to pay attention or it'll bite you. My beard isn't thick or heavy so I'm considering buying the Timeless .68 SB base plate, which many folks say is a heckuva daily driver. BTW, I don't have much experience with razors. I started proper wet shaving a year ago and used a Merkur 34c until a few months ago when I got the Timeless. I'm not a collector and I only own the two.

I can't speak to Wolfman, but unless you're a collector or happen on a used one, I can't see ordering a razor when you won't see it for a year. If all you're looking for is a fine daily shave there are too many options to justify ordering from a company that never has inventory. Just my humble opinion.

If you want a Wolfman, I would suggest using Twitter. James sends a Tweet when inventory is in stock.
I pop in on James' website regularly and subscribe to his email bulletin. Why he would favor Twitter over his own website and bulletin to announce stock availability is puzzling. If he does Twitter ALONG WITH email and website, OK, but to use Twitter only, well... It's his baseball, glove and bat so he can do anything he likes. His current operation, however, is not likely to land any shavers in my den. Too much jumping through hoops for an old F like me.

When the market was short on truly high end razors, it was one thing, but nowadays the market is bulging with splendid offerings in both DE and SE that shave as well or better than Wolfman and can occupy an evening arguing over the merits of fit and finish. For me, a number of today's razors look just fine in my den and do their task of shaving me in fine fashion.

[MENTION=105427]beamon[/MENTION] +1

I got tried of the hoops and obstacles involved with Wolfman and instead opted for Timeless. That is a very fine shaver indeed, and what I'd recommend.

Good Luck with your search!

Mike

@beamon and @nova I understand and agree with many of your many comments. I was fortunate enough to get my Wolfman razors before they became all the rage. At the time, I only purchased razor heads and not handles. When I saw the Tweet earlier this week, I managed to grab one handle. I can only imagine it is much easier for him to put out a 3 word Tweet than post an email. Simpson posts to Twitter and Instagram LE brushes on a regular basis that do not make it to the website which is one of the reasons I started a Twitter account.

I also have a Timeless razor and it is a fantastic razor. For those that don't want to wait on a Wolfman, I would suggest getting a Timeless.

I have 2 Timeless razors (both blade gaps) and they are about as perfect as you can get. I also was able to get a Wolfman handle and head the other day when the Twitter notice went out so I will try that soon. I absolutely love the Timeless razors but couldn't resist purchasing the Wolfman.

I own the Timeless scalloped and standard bar .68 and .95 , BBS 1 and Wolfman SB. For workmanship the BBS 1 and Wolfman are tops. For shaving experience the Timeless wins for me with the BBS 1 2nd and Wolfman 3rd

I pop in on James' website regularly and subscribe to his email bulletin. Why he would favor Twitter over his own website and bulletin to announce stock availability is puzzling. If he does Twitter ALONG WITH email and website, OK, but to use Twitter only, well... It's his baseball, glove and bat so he can do anything he likes. His current operation, however, is not likely to land any shavers in my den. Too much jumping through hoops for an old F like me.

When the market was short on truly high end razors, it was one thing, but nowadays the market is bulging with splendid offerings in both DE and SE that shave as well or better than Wolfman and can occupy an evening arguing over the merits of fit and finish. For me, a number of today's razors look just fine in my den and do their task of shaving me in fine fashion.

That pretty much sums it up.

Hey floridacreekindian question, do u prefer either blade gap? Im thinking the .68 with an OC. I have pretty thick stubble, just worried the .95 might be harsh as im a daily shaver

I guess I wasn't paying attention to the "OC" part of the title. I have a.68 scalloped base and a .95 solid. I use the .95 when I haven't shaved for a few days but in my opinion, it is still really smooth. I use the .68 almost daily. I haven't been wet shaving long so my mileage is problem a lot different from some of the long term DE razor users. I am still trying to learn what I like and don't like about certain items and I don't have much experience with very aggressive razors.

Hey floridacreekindian question, do u prefer either blade gap? Im thinking the .68 with an OC. I have pretty thick stubble, just worried the .95 might be harsh as im a daily shaver

I have the Timeless OC .95 blade gap on the pineapple handle. I too am a daily shaver and I use the Timeless at least 5 days a week. I also don't find that it feels super aggressive, just a smooth shaver.

I'll be honest I've never tried a Wolfman but the Timeless is out of this world. I would think unless i find a British Aristocrat there is no need to search for another razor.

Would love to get a Wolfman but too much work to buy one. I don't have the patience to immediately respond to a tweet from Wolfman that new stock is available and then race to complete the order on the website hoping I will beat other buyers. Just put me on a wait list. Otherwise there must be other vendors out there that produce a nice high quality machined razor and can keep up with customer demand.

Top Bottom