What's new

Check out the Comprehensive DE Razor Blade Table!

Well, it's not much with only one blade at the moment, but it's a good start! :thumbup:

I finally started the Comprehensive DE Razor Blade Data Table in the B&B ShaveWiki that I've written about and been working on. This is definitely a long-term project that will take time and help from the B&B community, at least with respect to very important user ratings for blades. Currently, the Derby Extra is the only blade included. Measurements for the Derby Extra are not complete, so there are placeholders for the dimensions. However, user ratings of sharpness, smoothness, and shave number have been analyzed and included. Special thanks to those who provided user ratings! As noted at the table's page, you can click on the blade name in the table to reach the blade's page where there is the table of user ratings with their analysis. For convenience, here is the user ratings table for the Derby Extra:

Please, check out the Comprehensive DE Razor Blade Data Table in the B&B ShaveWiki and let me know what you think! It's a work in progress that will hopefully never be frozen in time, but rather, revised and updated from time to time to stay current and relevant. I'm open to constructive criticism and feedback. I'm also open to compliments. :001_rolle

There is plenty to comment about. For example, should the name be changed? What do you think of the page layout? I provided a lot of details to define terms and make the table understandable and usable, which will naturally happen the more that one uses it, but is there something that needs more or less explaining? Is something missing from the table? Did I make a mistake somewhere? Should something be removed from the table? One issue in particular that has not been fleshed out is how the price for a 100-blade purchase will be collected, not including taxes and shipping, I think. Where and how should I get the prices? Is this even feasible? Prices will fluctuate, so they would need to be updated in time, but I think that a snapshot at a specific time would be fair. I really want to calculate values for price per shave, which I think will be very valuable, but I would need prices from one vendor or multiple vendors.

Last edited by a moderator:
very concise and no stone left un-turned, an awesomely methodical collection of data precisely presented, great job !!!!!

[MENTION=112217]Lightcs1776[/MENTION], [MENTION=79907]BSAGuy[/MENTION], and [MENTION=112816]Joe blow[/MENTION]:

Thanks for your kind words, guys! The next survey for user ratings will start soon, so keep your eyes peeled! :w00t:

Top Bottom