What's new

Did I Get Scammed?

I ordered 400 Polsilver blades from someone claiming to be forum member DCC at this site - http://www.polsilver-blades.com.

The blades were ordered on December 19th and I never heard from the vendor. I sent a follow-up email on December 31st. I received a quick response that the blades would be shipped on the first business day of the year.

I did not hear anything, so a 2nd follow-up email was sent on January 12th. I have not received a response to that email.

Since I ordered the blades almost a month ago, never received the blades and cannot get a response, I am starting to think I was scammed. This was my first order from this site. Is this typical of that site or should I report it to Paypal?

No scam! I ordered from there, takes at least 3 weeks to get the blades after they are shipped. I'm in the US.

I contacted them through PayPal for the conformation number and they replied quick.

If they shipped on January 3, it will probably take about 3 weeks to receive.

I ordered from them twice with no problems.

Check your PayPal for the tracking number.

Thanks for the posts. I was hoping to find someone with a similar experience where all was fine in the end. I will continue to wait patiently.

If they're coming from Russia, it could take an incredibly long time. I ordered some blades and judging by the tracking information, they sat in a Russian post office for nearly two weeks before they started moving at all. They still haven't left the origin facility. At this rate, I'm beginning to wonder if the estimated arrival date meant January 2018 instead of 2017.

I know at least one other person who has ordered from that website without any issues so I don't think you got scammed.

I ordered on January 1 and they just arrived yesterday. Give them a few more days. I've ordered from dcc three times now and have been happy.

Economy mail from Bulgaria is typically 3 - 4 weeks. So you are looking at another 1 - 2 weeks time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the messages.

In a world of two-day Amazon Prime shipping, a month or longer feels like an eternity to wait.

Seems odd that someone who ordered on January 1st already received their shipment while I am still waiting for my December 19th order to arrive, but I will keep an eye out for the package.

Thanks again!

I imagine that dcc may have been away and fulfilled all of the waiting orders (including yours and mine) at the same time when he returned on the 2nd.

I have never ordered there but just checked out the website. It is funny that it says worldwide free shipping 1 week for Europe 2 weeks for the rest of the world. It makes it hard to wait when ordering things outside the country when you can't track or don't get tracking info. I have ordered blades from Russia that took about 2 to 3 weeks. Order Feather blades from Amazon when I first started and didn't realize at checkout it was fulfilled from outside the country and took 4 weeks promised by Amazon but took over 5 weeks to get. Just recently ordered for a second time from India, blades and Godrej soap, and have somewhat learned patience on these orders. Luckily I am in no rush since I ordered the stuff after Christmas and it will still take 1 to 3 more weeks to deliver. After the last order from India I am guessing sometime net week if it is on the same time frame.

DCC is a a good vendor. I have bought blades several times from him with no issue.He has no control over his country's mail system.

I have purchased twice from DCC without problems. He appeared to get out the order right away, but the shipping time varied.

The blades finally arrived today - 5 weeks and 1 day after ordering. I am very happy with the order and would gladly order from DCC again. I will just remember that it takes awhile for the order to arrive.

I did not tell my wife about the order, so when the postman showed up at the door this morning asking her to sign for a package from Bulgaria, she did not know what to do. Thankfully she decided to sign for it. She immediately called me to ask if I ordered something from Bulgaria. When I explained the situation to her, she was a bit miffed I did not tell her beforehand.

Two lessons learned -
1-Be ready to wait awhile for packages to come from Bulgaria.
2-Tell my wife when I order packages from Bulgaria.

The only problem is, if I tell her about it at the time I order, she will have completely forgotten about it by the time it arrives and it will freak her out again.

Glad to hear that it worked out. 5 weeks doesn't sound too bad given the location of origin. That's about how long it will take my Russian blades to finally show up.

My 7 o'clock blades ordered from India made it to my door in 3 weeks and 2 days. I wasn't expecting it until end of this week into next but got it last Saturday. Quite something how we can order something from half around the world cheaper than we can here.

Top Bottom