What's new

Gillette Aristocrat 46-47

Greetings B&B,
I am looking into purchasing a Gillette Aristocrat and was wondering if is there are any people/companies that I could send it to, to clean it and replate it so that it would be sanitary and function and look as if it were brand new.
Hopefully you nice people can help me out, websites/info and pricing would be a plus too, just so I know what I'm getting into...

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Best I've used is Chris at Razor Plate, the pricing you can see or talk to him about, not here.

I've done those Aristocrats in bright nickel, a very practical finish.

Chris is the Maestro.
Nickel is a very practical finish, agreed! And Chris' bright nickel is one of a kind.
Have fun!

Greetings B&B,
I am looking into purchasing a Gillette Aristocrat and was wondering if is there are any people/companies that I could send it to, to clean it and replate it so that it would be sanitary and function and look as if it were brand new.
Hopefully you nice people can help me out, websites/info and pricing would be a plus too, just so I know what I'm getting into...

Email Chris at Razorplate AND Captain Murphy. Send it to Cap to have it cleaned and take care of any issues and then he will send it to Chris at Razorplate. Razorplate is usually backed up though so it may take awhile. Totally worth it though.

Thanks!
Unfortunately the one I was lookino at had sold. Although in total after cleaning and plating services it was going to be a $150+ razor so I saved money I guess for now.

Why not buy one and use it for a while as-is? They're great razors.

It's more so a germaphobic thing. Don't want to get someone else's cooties, know what I mean?
That and seeing missing plating or a dingy look would just bother me, OCD.

The "real" issues of health safety are rather easy to deal with. The classic is Barbicide but, old school boiling water works too. An alcohol soak will also work for most things. But, then again I must not be too much of a germaphobe growing up on a farm and learning about sanitizing water for my own consumption whether camping down steam from animals in the forest or just regular livestock and general farming practices.

A really nice shiny Aristocrat is $40~$50 on fleabay if you keep looking and are patient. Don't forget about posting a WTB in the BST forum on this site either.

Thanks!
Yes I used to use bleach in my drinking water when I had to gather it from a well or downriver stream.

In Arizona, I was also concerned about mine run off so, boiling, bleach, etc. wasn't good for things like Arsenic. The various tablets worked pretty well otherwise but, I ended up with a Katadyn filter.

Don't be afraid of the
cooties and possibly real biological hazards. Barbicide is cheap and effective but, so is alcohol and other various cleaners.

Last edited:
Top Bottom