What's new

This lot just delivered

Hi all, just received this lot through the post from. Brand new to this so will see how it goes. In hindsight, should have maybe spent more on the brush as its as tough as a yard broom, but we will see. All sent in 2 days. Chuffed:biggrin:

Merkur Futur Chrome Safety Razor (Satin Finish) £36.90

Popular Blade Sample Pack (35 blades) £8.90

Arko Shaving Soap 75g £2.55

Vulfix Shaving Brush Stand (Black) £3.90

Vulfix No.6 Pure Bristle Shaving Brush (Vulfix No.6 Only) £8.90

Block Osma Alum Block 75g £6.90

Geo F Trumper Rose Shaving Cream 70g Tube £7.50

The Gentlemens Refinery Pre Shave Oil 50ml £16.00

Some advise on this lot below, as to what blade to go for first as i thought about a gillette sweede?

5 x Feather New Hi-Stainless

5-pack of Derby Extra

5-pack of Wilkinson Sword Double Edge

5-pack of Dorco Platinum

5-pack of Gillette Platinum ‘Swedish Gillette’s’

5 x Merkur Super Platinum

5 x Super + Platinum ‘Israeli Personna

Nice work! I started out with the Futur, and the Derby is the blade most recommended for peeps starting out - worked for me. On a personal note I didn't enjoy Trumpers Rose but (as always) YMMV.

Enjoy finding out what works best for you (and all the money you'll spend :lol:)

Welcome!!! You have some very fine gear!

For the blades: Use the Derby or IP first. Which ever one you decide, stick with the same blade choice for 7-10 days. You want to keep variables down to a minimum while getting used to the DE.

Regards,

Let me know if the Trumpers Rose does not work out for you. I am in the market to try something new :biggrin:

In hindsight, should have maybe spent more on the brush as its as tough as a yard broom, but we will see.

Boar brushes become softer with time. The hairs will still be stiffer than badger, but that makes them excellent for face lathering, in my opinion.

Enjoy your shaves!
Jan Pieter

Thanks for all the recomendations guys, really good advice. Looks like the derby's are the way to go. Will see how the rose works out, but might fancy a change too. Nice to know that I haven't bought a bad brush either. Thanks again.

Top Bottom