What's new

Ez Blade Shave Gel

I thought I would post a review because I didn't see one up here. Just as a note I slapped my money on the counter for this and I'm not affiliated with whoever makes it.

The product itself is different from every other shave creme, soap or foaming gel I've ever tried. I was a little turned off to it right away because I'm a big fan of lather.

So, what is it you ask? It's a bright green, shave oil based, shave gel that goes on clear. It's Citrus scented and provides a nice glide.

Today was my inaugural shave with it. You put a small amount on your finger tips and rub it into your face. My prep consisted of a hot shower. I put it on and rubbed it in. It's slick and leaves a very thin layer on your face.

I liked that you can see what you're doing with this product. You don't have to "clear the run ways" as they say.

The actual shave was excellent. No nicks, cuts or irritation. Despite the fact that I had been badly razor burned after a less than ideal shave yesterday.

Despite being a shave oil based product it washed fairly cleanly off my face. And didn't clog up the DE razor I used at all. I used about the same amount I would use if I were putting lotion on my hands.

Ultimately I did two passes and got a DFS with minimal effort. I think being able to see what you're doing while you're doing it was an advantage. It allowed me to see if that trouble spot was good before moving on. Allowed me to hit it right the first time without having to add another pass which might have irritated my face.

Over all I don't know that it will ever become my daily, go to shave product. I'm old school and like the ritual of a classic wet shave. But I will definitely work it into the rotation because without all the lather prep and clean up it provided a surprisingly quick shave and my face seems to like it.

I may be a little late to this thread but I have to say that sounds interesting. I randomly learned of the ez blade "gel" while watching a video about Shavette technique. I typically use proraso green with brush but sometimes I am in a rush and will reach for the good old can of foamy menthol just to save a few minutes. I shave my head with a de razor so not having a whole head and neck full of can lather when I'm in a rush is intriguing to me. I previously used the shave butter from dsc and really liked it but didn't feel it was worth an unnecessary subscription so this could be a viable alternative. I also keep seeing videos and reading posts from professional barbers who swear by this stuff.

Sounds a little like Cremo and Head Slick, no lather just a super slick lotion like substance. I could not get used to the lack of lather so I just add a dab to my favorite soaps to make a super lather.

I am on the fence with cremo. Headslick works fine in a pinch or for travel but I actually would suggest you revisit headslick with your preferred brush. I can get a fuller, slicker, and more mentholated lather from headslick with a brush then even proraso green cream with a brush

Just started shaving my head again recently since spring has been in the air a little. First time shaving my head with a DE and it wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be.

I'll have to reach for the EX Blade and see how that performs for a head shave.

I'll let you know my thoughts.

This is the only shaving gel I use. I like that it has a shaving oil base.

Easy to use. A little goes a long way. It did take time to figure out how much to use on my face and on my head.

I use a 1924 ever ready shovel head long handle. Does not clog razor. Glides smoothly across skin.

I like that I can see what I am shaving when using.

Last a long time. Actually ordering more now.

Small: $9.99
Large: $21.99

I purchase large.

Top Bottom