What's new

Butler & Soffield Rough & Ready Shave Soap - Outstanding

Haven't been on the board in a few years, but had to come on to share this with Fellow Shave Soap lovers.

I recently purchased Butler & Soffield's Rough & Ready Shave soap at a local Crafts Fair. Here's a link online http://butlerandsoffield.com/store/p/29-Rough-Ready-Shave-Soap.aspx.

It's really a fantastic soap - in fact the more I shave with it the more I think this may be my new #1 soap. Outstanding lather for a shave. Smells great. And, comes in a 5 oz quantity tin, so I am guessing this will last a long, long time. All around a great shave soap.

Haven't tried their "Dandy Man" scent but will likely order or try to pick one up soon.

I have tried many of the big names Mitchell's WF, Tabac, Mama Bear's, TOBS, Proraso, etc - and I have to say this soap is at least as good if not better. I know this sounds like hyperbole - but it really is that good.

And, also, I have no financial interest in the company, just an honest, if enthusiastic customer's opinion.

Hope some of you are able to give it a try.

Haven't tried this soap...yet...does look intriguing. You should post some pictures of the soap in action to give us a better idea of how it performs!!!

Start up companies need enthusiastic patrons to try their wares and tell others about them. There are many gems waiting to be discovered!!!

Haven't tried this soap...yet...does look intriguing. You should post some pictures of the soap in action to give us a better idea of how it performs!!!

Start up companies need enthusiastic patrons to try their wares and tell others about them. There are many gems waiting to be discovered!!!

Not a huge picture person. But, the lather is thick and provides great cushion for a shave.

After each shave with a soap - I basically rebuild the lather and just leave it in the bowl. You get great smelling hand soap and reduce waste.

With the Butler and Soffield - I am convinced I could come back to the lather that's been sitting in the bowl after 6+ hours - and shave with it. I mean this seriously - it's a great, thick lather that stands up. No frothing away or evaporating during a shave.

In all seriousness, I've never tried there shaving soap (not sure why) but I have used their "Filthy Whore Bar Soap". < - - No, I'm not making that up. Go to the website and see for yourself.

In all seriousness, I've never tried there shaving soap (not sure why) but I have used their "Filthy Whore Bar Soap". < - - No, I'm not making that up. Go to the website and see for yourself.
Just went to their site, and, yup, they've got some very creatively named bar soaps! The shaving soaps' names ("Rough and Ready" and "Dandy Man") are quite tame in comparison.

Their shave brush looks interesting too. Handle is made of cement. I also like the "Skank Away Bar Soap". The soapbox says "Cleanse yourself of Despair and Broken Dreams". That's pretty good. :lol:

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The cement-handled shave brush got my attention.

I admit I went there looking for the Filthy Whore, though.

AA :001_cool::blushing:

Another ten or so shaves with this soap and it really is fantastic. I am hoping to get the Dandy Man scent as a late present.

Promise, I won't bump my own thread again.

Top Bottom