What's new

Dorco ST 300, Not all the same

I had a couple of tucts of Dorco New Platinum ST 300's and they were decent blades, not the best, but not bad for the price. So I bought some more. The wrappers were identical, or so I thought. After shaving with several of the new blades, they are horrible. After closer inspection of the packing I found that the first blades that were usable were made in Vietnam, and the second one's that I bought were made in Korea. Anyone else notice this?

Usually it's the other way around, people think the Vietnam made ones are bad.

I've found the ST 301's to be quite pleasant, but have not yet tried the 300's.

Peter

I have always been led to believe that the 300 and 301 are the same blade but in different packaging. One comes in plastic case, the other doesn't.

There are some SEM photographs of the two, they are definitely different, one has a double bevel and the other does not.

I suspect there is also some difference between the Vietnamese and Korean manufacture -- to the best of my limited knowledge, the 301s are only made in Korea.

Peter

The Dorco ST300 blade made in Vietnam is a very good blade for me. Its way better than my new batch of Derby blades in sharpness & smoothness.

I have some of the Vietnamese 300's and they are usable.
Tried a 301 and hated it.
Have not tried the Korean 300's...

As much as I don't like dorco's, I bought what I tought are rebranded muller blades but are actually dorco st 300- didn't even change the wrapping, actually these are good, especially on my neck.
Made in Vietnam

It just goes to show you that you can only try a blade for yourself. i have only tried the Dorco 300 made in Korea.
I rather like them. Sharp enough and smooth.
I would rather buy a 100 Dorco's 300, than I would buy Feather or Nacet. Which are more regarded.

Surprisingly, Vietnamese Dorcos ST300 went along really well with my one-day stubble. Full BBS, no irritation. Not the sharpest or comfiest blades around, for sure, but I only got a couple of nicks around the Adam's apple which were quickly neutralized with the alum block. The alcohol-based aftershave didn't cause any noticable burn. I don't think they are the best, but it's nice to know there are blades like these that I can buy relatively easy in a subway cosmetick kiosk.

Recently purchased two Dorco PL602 razors on eBay. The razor is made in Vietnam, as are
the two ST-300 blades that come with it. Have been getting superb shaves with this razor using
Shark SS blades, though Dorco USA won't even admit they make it.

Here in Switzerland it looks like there's a Migros brand called "I am men" - I've purchased their blades made in Vietnam recently, out of curiosity, and after I had unwrapped the packaging it turned out Dorco blades were inside :D It's interesting that most of you are saying those are superior to Korean ones. I'll try them today.

When i left cartridge razors and came back to DE razors, my wife (yes I will blame her) bought a DE razor for me. It was a Micro One Touch and came with Dorco blades that didn’t have a number on them. They were so bad i pitched the tuck after one blade.

Top Bottom