What's new

Another watch recommendation thread.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm a Seiko 5 kinda guy... I know, boring. But I kinda like that it gains 3 minutes in 24 hours, lol.

What would drive my train between the Tissot and Seiko at 350 ish (or many Orient Stars for that matter) toward the Tissot would be the sapphire crystal. Again, perhaps something vintage?

What would drive my train between the Tissot and Seiko at 350 ish (or many Orient Stars for that matter) toward the Tissot would be the sapphire crystal. Again, perhaps something vintage?

I'm a little hesitant to buy vintage, only because I am not expert enough to know what to look for. I wouldn't even know where to start.

And although I made a point of saying I'm not in a rush, I would like to have this by Christmas.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm a little hesitant to buy vintage, only because I am not expert enough to know what to look for. I wouldn't even know where to start.

And although I made a point of saying I'm not in a rush, I would like to have this by Christmas.
I lean toward the Seiko because of the beautiful dial, but I don't think the Tissot is wrong, either. Which one draws you?

I'm looking at this, but I'm not really a watch guy and am unfamiliar with the maker. Recommendations?

View attachment 705685

Tissot is a great brand, I would also look at the Hamilton JazzMaster

proxy.php

If you like Luminox, I've got a field watch just like that. Black leather strap, black face, stainless, mineral crystal, small enough to fit under a dress shirt, looks classy with a suit. And of course the lights are great for reading the time in the dark. I've had mine for over 10 years already and it works great. Women notice it and it's been a conversation piece.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I'm not a huge fan of the marque in general but the Frederique Constant Index with Roman indices at 12 & 6 with basic indices at other hours is a handsome piece. Put in on a black alligator strap and you've got a nice stealthy dress watch.

Cool, thanks. Why would you put the Tissot above the Seiko? I'm pretty much trying to decide between those two at this point, but I'm much more familiar with Seiko than Tissot. What qualities make it superior, in your opinion?
personal preference. i'm just partial to roman numerals i suppose.

Top Bottom