What's new

my favorite aftershave

I litteraly love Bay Rum Tonic and will never go back to aqua velva again it is a nice spicy scent open to new suggestions in a good aftershave post your favorite after shave let me know what you like.

Too many available to make that call. I have about 7 full bottles and probably
30 samples. So that leaves a few hundred I still need to get.:lol: I like Mudder Focker,
Tuscan Oud , Pinaud Clubman, BWW Thomas Tew; lot's of burn in that one. Also
several PAA AS's; lot's of great scents. Used CRSW Citrus AS lotion today,really a
great face feel. With winter approaching I'll use some balms from Soap Commander,
Sterling and CRSW. Still, several other balms I'd like to acquire out there.
I don't think I can say I have an absolute favorite soap or AS.

CC Bay Rum & Fine Platinum are near faves, but Fine L'Orange Noir is THE favorite here. I want CF Summer Storm & Trade Winds since I love the scent of both soaps but I'm in a restraint. I'm certain they'll be up there with the others when I can finally pick them up.

I litteraly love Bay Rum Tonic and will never go back to aqua velva again it is a nice spicy scent open to new suggestions in a good aftershave post your favorite after shave let me know what you like.
Which brand? There are more variations in bay rums than there are breeds of dogs!

If I count all the samples I have, there are about 40 different aftershaves in my cabinet. The two that rise to the top for me are Fine American Blend, and Chiseled Face - Ghost Town Barber.

My favorites include:

Skin Bracer, Bootlegger's Bay Rum, Captain's Choice: North, Avon: Tai Winds, Saint Charles Shave: Fairway, Aqua Velva: Original Sport (green), Booster's Mosswood, Speick, Brut, Pinaud: Lilac Vegetal, and Original Old Spice. I have over 100 different aftershaves, so It's had for me to pick just a few favorites.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Alpa Fougere, Pinaud Clubman and Bootlegger's Bay Rum.

All you need, though I have maybe 30 more. :lol:

AA

there are so many to love and so many to try. Love Pinaud Clubman, Special Reserve, The Veg, Classic Vanilla, and English Leather, Brut, Florida Water, Barbasol Brisk, Faberge Woodhue, Fine American Blend, Maggards English Barbershop and then Avon (Wild Country, Island Lime, Deep Woods, Tribute, and Windjammer) are all in regular use for me. Generally I try to match the scent to the soap (or rather complement the soap).

There are many but my absolute favs are Pinaud Clubman & Citrus Musk, Old Spice (both vintage & modern formula), Skin Bracer & Aqua Velva Ice Blue.

Wish I had just one! My current rotation (with many substitutions): Speick, Floid vigoroso, Lucky Tiger, Fine American blend, Pinaud clubman and OS classic! :thumbup1:

For daytimes, my favourite is Williams Expert Aqua Velva, it has a lighter scent than Ice Blue Aqua Velva from USA, but both versions of Aqua Velva share the same DNA, and at only €3,95 for a 200ml glass bottle from Eroski, Carrefour and Mercadona supermarkets in Spain it's an absolute bargain.

My favourite for night times, and also my all time favourite is Tabac Orriginal. I've still got the same 300ml bottle that I bought in Magalluf when my Dad moved over here in 2005, I used to splash it on liberally before going out at night every time I flew over to visit.
When I moved over here in 2006, I stashed the bottle of Tabac in the cupboard under the sink where it stayed forgotten about until I started DE shaving in November 2014
I only ever use it when I go out at night, and every time I get a whiff of it, I get flashbacks of sitting at a table outside a restaurant eating lobster, going to gigs in various bars, large quantities of Captain Morgan Spiced & Coke, pouring myself into a taxi late at night, drinking bottles of Beck's at 4am, a kebab at 5am, a lot of coffee at 6am before getting back to Dad's apartment and crashing out.
Happy memories !!

Top Bottom