What's new

Ever cut yourself, not even shaving, with the corner of the blade?

I didn't have the razor on my face but managed to sort of "swing" it a bit while moving it away from my face and sliced myself with the actual corner of the blade. I think I might have been holding the handle a little lower than I should.

How common is this? It was a sort of "I'm not even mad" moment - I couldn't blame the razor, or the blade, or even really my shaving technique as such.

Then I managed to even things out by cutting myself right next to a pimple on the opposite side of my face. So at least I've got symmetry.

I did the same thing when I was starting out. The worse cut was when I was unscrewing the handle to change the blade, and the razor twisted in my fingers, cutting my thumb and index fingers. I didn't think it was ever going to stop bleeding...even with using a stypic pen!

I think that has happened to most of us at one time or another. After it happens once, you tend to remember to be careful.

I've cut my finger twice on a blade. Not on the sharp side. On the tabs that stick out the sides of the razor.

Mistakes do happen - Reminds us that we aren't shaving with a toy. Heck, I've cut my ear lobe with the blade tabs as I shaved down my sideburns to my neck.

You are not alone. I have managed to Nick myself a couple of times apart from shaving strokes. My best one was to the ear while I was examining my handiwork. Got careless and gave myself a good slice

I've had cuts I had no idea were there until the next day when the skin dried out and became rough tags. And seriously my hands were no where near the blade in the razor! Sometimes I wonder about the power of caustic solutions and knurling.

Yeah I've cut myself with the corner of the blade. Funny that I don't mind an occasional nick or cut. It's freaking razor burn that gets me. Razor burn is very uncomfortable.

I'm a head shaver and I'll be damned if I don't occasionally cut my ear on the blade's tabs as I come around the top of my ear. Annoying and painful! Those tabs are dull! Lol

I've poked myself with the tab in the neck and thought "ow, did I just cut myself" - it's not sharp but it is pointy - but never a cut.

This time, I thought it was the tab, until I realized, no, I'd gotten myself with the blade.

Top Bottom