What's new

Who is Stan and why am I his wingman?

To quote another: "That was both wonderful and terrible at the same time." I need an aspirin to help with the laughter headache.

:incazzato:lol1:

Hi,

I wish those posts had been kept and the offending words x'd out, but I can imagine what they were like based on what remains.....

Stan

Stan the Man and Springs1 have to be the funniest around. Believe it or not, but at one time I read the entire threads.

There's many user titles that came from the local forum folklore. Sadly, there is no full description of those.
Anyone wants to fill up the wiki?

Hi,

Oh, yeah! The Dead Badger Thread! Funny!!

What I wanna know is, can we make brushes out of dead Possums? :p

Stan

I might would give that a try, or at least think about it mighty hard. OTOH, I have skinned animals and one of my grandfathers tanned hides, so I'd have some idea of what was involved, including stench. My father said he absolutely hated scraping hides.

Anyway, I was wondering if someone could "just" clip the hair without skinning or tanning. OTOH, tanning leather involves scrapping the hair when the skin is decayed just enough in the tanning process (see the above part about stench and my father hating scraping hides), so no clipping is required. Cleaning the hair and sterilizing is another matter.

Then there's a matter of making the knot. There's a video around B&B somewhere of tying one by hand. It implies not only trimming the base to first even the hairs, but setting it on a convex form, and then, after it's tied,setting it in something to make the base.

Okay, so I like thinking about how things are made, and since I'm about 90% talk, probably would never do it even with a dead badger.

Well it took two and a half years but I've finally been promoted to Wing Man and I couldn't be more proud. You don't want to know how serious I am.

$WINGMAN-bg.png

Good thing there ain't a bunch of squirrels around here or I'd be really pissed! I'd hafta take all my nut and move on for sure.

Top Bottom