What's new

Free Merkur Slant & Brush for Young Man in Need

I had an account here a million years ago, and the gents on this forum, as always, showed me incredible generosity and courtesy, both in sharing knowledge, and helping me out with some gear when I was low on cash. I'm back to contribute in kind.

I have a Merkur Slant and a decent brush. It's free to any young man just starting his journey, who is not so financially well off. It is not for sale, to be added to someone's shave den, nor is it available to anyone for whom buying these items would be financially fairly easy in any given month. I'm asking that we are all honest, and leave this for someone who will really appreciate it, and could not easily afford it.

(I'm not asking to hear any sob stories, please spare us all! This isn't a contest for who is in the worst position and most desperate need, it's for anyone who needs it and would give it a good home. A simple request will do. Please post in the thread rather than PM me.)

The recipient should be a member who has made at least a few positive contributions to discussions on B&B, and has been here at least a little while. (You don't have to have an account that is minimum number X months old, but if requesting the blade is your first post, that would be a bad sign! :p ). I would appreciate it if a respected and well-established community member or moderator would shoot me a message if you see anyone request it who you think would be a great fit and can vouch for them so we can ensure it goes to someone who deserves a hand.

My only request of the recipient is that if the Slant turns out to not be the right fit for you, that you offer it for free to another community member in need, as I have done, until it finds the right home.

The recipient will need to cover postage (I'm still not a rich man either, unfortunately!). I'm in Southern Ontario, Canada. I should forewarn you that work makes it difficult to get to a post office when they are actually open, so it may take a week or two to mail out, but it WILL get done, as promptly as is reasonable.

Thanks again to all those who helped me when I was getting started!

Last edited:
I'm in if you see fit to chose me. I do have a maggard DE but that's about as fancy as I probably ever get. Although I love wet shaving, as noted in many a post, it can get pricey. I to feel the need to give back. Although I don't have a lot to PIF, I did PIF out 2 packs of Astra SP to a newbie like me as they don't work well in the razor. Hope you find a deserving home. And thanks for your generosity!

~ When in doubt...Post it in
Badger&Blade ~

Thank you so much for your generosity! If you see fit I would very much appreciate it, although I do recognize that I have not been a B&B member for terribly long.

In the interest of full disclosure I do have a dovo shavette, a potentially broken vintage SR in the shop that I got one shave out of, and a Standard DE that I got in a $45 kit a little while back when I was a sophomore or junior in undergrad (graduated this past spring) along with a Dollar Shave Club and Harry's razor (inactive accounts). I don't know if that disqualifies me or anything but I want to make sure that if you choose me it wasn't under false representation. Additionally, a picture of my "shave den" (if you can even call it that) is attached so I can be totally transparent.Thank you again for your generosity, and I'm sure whomever gets it will very much appreciate this! $IMG_6057.jpg

Last edited:
Not here to enter. Just here to say that this is very kind of you and Thank you for your generosity.
I want to 2nd this....

I'm not posting to enter either, just want to top my hat off to you for your generosity

People like you really help make this a great community

Not here to enter either. It is great you are doing this. It is chances and people like this that make this community so great and welcoming

I'd like to put my name in the hat. I'm still quite new though so full disclosure. I don't know how meaningful my posts have been thus far.

Recipient chosen, thanks to all, I hope it will be a good fit and make someone happy. If it doesn't fit, you will see it PIFed here again soon. Thanks again to all of you who contribute to building and fostering such a wonderful, welcoming and generous community spirit.

Recipient chosen, thanks to all, I hope it will be a good fit and make someone happy. If it doesn't fit, you will see it PIFed here again soon. Thanks again to all of you who contribute to building and fostering such a wonderful, welcoming and generous community spirit.
Here here!

~ When in doubt...Post it in
Badger&Blade ~

Top Bottom