What's new

November Theme Month 2016

So based off of member feedback I am going to start a theme month for each month, to go along with the likes of Speicktember, Tabactober, Razoroctober, etc. Now while People have been having a LOT of fun using a specific soap for a whole month. For the month of the November we are going to do theme weeks throughout the month as suggested in the thread I posted asking for feedback.

So I broke it out into 6 day intervals so we have 5 themes.

1st thru 6th : Bay Rum
7th thru 12th: Vintage Soaps (use your definition of what a vintage soap is)
13th thru 18th: Haslinger
19th thru 24th: Use up those SAMPLES!
25th thru 30th: Citrus in fall

Pick out your soaps tell us what you are going to use. I'll add mine later!

Are you in?

Last edited:
I can do three of the five. I'd like to try Haslinger, so I might end up with four of the five. No vintage soaps, so I am out that week. I definitely like the plan.

I can't do much on this one....

Bay Rum : I don't own any
Vintage : Bea Shaving Sticks, I bought the last ones in Palmanova, Mallorca
Haslinger : I don't own any
Samples : I don't have any
Citrus : Arko/Derby Soaps - citrusy enough for me !!

Jury's still out

Bay Rum - The only "bay rum" I have is Col Conk Bay Rum. Bay Rum = Sailors, so I might swap in some Leviathan as well. :001_smile
Vintage - I don't have a "vintage" soap, but I don't think Arko has changed over the years? Or Proraso?
Haslinger - Aloe Vera
Samples - I have a few! I should finish off the SCS Fairway - I have been saving 1 last shave worth. A few others with 1 shave left also.
Citrus - IB Amici and Shannons Coconut Lime

What is the 6th theme?
This should be fun - thanks!

I can't do much on this one....

Bay Rum : I don't own any
Vintage : Bea Shaving Sticks, I bought the last ones in Palmanova, Mallorca
Haslinger : I don't own any
Samples : I don't have any
Citrus : Arko/Derby Soaps - citrusy enough for me !!

Jury's still out

There are some budget friendly Bay Rum's out there. The BEA shave sticks I hear are very nice but I have never used one. Haslinger is considered by most to be the best performing soap!

Bay Rum - The only "bay rum" I have is Col Conk Bay Rum. Bay Rum = Sailors, so I might swap in some Leviathan as well. :001_smile
Vintage - I don't have a "vintage" soap, but I don't think Arko has changed over the years? Or Proraso?
Haslinger - Aloe Vera
Samples - I have a few! I should finish off the SCS Fairway - I have been saving 1 last shave worth. A few others with 1 shave left also.
Citrus - IB Amici and Shannons Coconut Lime

What is the 6th theme?
This should be fun - thanks!

Looks like you have a nice line up! I will allow the Leviathan lol. I typed it wrong. I meant to say 6 day increments... so we have 5 themes. I will update the original thread. Thanks!

So here is my line up

1st thru 6th : Bay Rum ​Surprisingly I am not a big bay rum fan, but I will use Stirling Bay Lime, and I have a Bain Amour that should fit in here nicely
7th thru 12th: Vintage Soaps (use your definition of what a vintage soap is)I have a vintage williams and vintage Colgate
13th thru 18th: Haslinger I will use every scent they have
19th thru 24th: Use up those SAMPLES! I have loads of samples this should be a fun
25th thru 30th: Citrus in fall I am a big citrus fan.. expect lots of different soaps here; stirling, fine, soap commander, sudsy soapery to name a few.

I'm currently 3017ing but I'll play where I can.

Bay Rum - Mystic Water (Pinaud Bay Rum chaser)

Vintage - Williams with tallow (Clubman A/S)

Haslinger - have none

Samples - SCS Lemon Verbena (Pinaud Citrus Musk)

Citrus - Arko! (Should I go full stench with the Veg or play nice and go Florida Water?)

Last edited:

Bay Rum - Mystic Water (Pinaud Bay Rum chaser)

Vintage - Williams with tallow (Clubman A/S)

Haslinger - have none

Samples - SCS Lemon Verbena (Pinaud Citrus Musk)

Citrus - Arko! (Should I go full stench with the Veg or play nice and go Florida Water?)
Veg of course

Ordered Haslinger. I am looking forward to using it soon.
You will not be disappointed

This message brought to you by Chad's phone.... most likely with typos

I will be in South East Asia for most of November and will stick to Proraso Green where I guess the cooling effect, even if lasting only a little while, will be more than welcome.

I will join however for the last part with either DR.Harris Arlington or St.James Black Pepper and Lime.

I can go through with it, but I won't be doing like a full week of Bay Rum, maybe a day or two of the week for the theme.

1st thru 6th : Barrister & Mann Non Glissant Bay Rum, Bluebell Spices Rack (Not sure if this is Bay Rum, but smells similar to B&M
7th thru 12th: Tabac (I don't have any vintage soap, so I will go with a classic soap instead)
13th thru 18th: Haslinger Schmilfch
19th thru 24th: SC Grapefruit and B&M Artique
25th thru 30th: Mike's OCBP and CRSW Citrus

I'm going to try and play along. I have been participating on a soap a week club at another forum, but six days is close enough.

Great idea! The issue here is that I am spending 2016 with Haslinger. So I will be ok for the 13th-18th only.

Bay Rum - Captain's Choice Bay Rum
Haslinger - Marigold
Samples - Pannacrema DFS, Esbjerg Amber Cardamom
Citrus - Razorock XXX

I personally can't wait - I'm getting a bit burnt out on Tabac. LOL It's hard to use 1 soap for a whole month for me. A week is about perfect... :001_smile

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
1st thru 6th : I have some Col Conk Bay Rum as well. Also some other stuff that sure smells like Bay Rum. I will figure this one out.
7th thru 12th: I dont have any vintage soaps either, but I do have Tabac, Williams and Arko as listed above. So ill play this one too.
13th thru 18th: Haslinger. Dont have any. So I cant do this week.
19th thru 24th: I have a few samples of Holly Black and Stirling. So I will be more than happy hitting those!
25th thru 30th: My favorite soap of all: Don Marco. Love that stuff. I could use that for the whole year if I had to!

I'm out.

I'm currently 3017-ing a puck of Tabac, so Tabactober is going to become Tabacvember, and possibly (probably?) Tabaccember. However, if I happen to finish off the Tabac before the end of November, I will make my next 3017 project match which ever week that I finish the Tabac.

Question: Would AoS tallow soap count for the vintage soap week?

If I were going to participate my soaps would look like this:
1st thru 6th : Bay Rum - Taconic Bay Rum cream (I don't currently own any other Bay Rum product.)
7th thru 12th: Vintage Soaps - AoS tallow Sandalwood (if it counts, otherwise I don't have any vintage soaps)
13th thru 18th: Haslinger - I have the Schafmilch and the Meeresalgen.
19th thru 24th: Use up those SAMPLES! - I have a few samples from Stirling for this.
25th thru 30th: Citrus in fall - Dr. Jon's Hydra

Me, too. I really like the "theme week" concept but I'm 3017'ing RR XXX and less than half way through. It will likely last me through November. I would simply pause the 3017 but I've been waiting to try some razors and brushes. 3017'ing a soap allows me to vary other parts of the shave for consistent testing. So . . .

Are you in?

Maybe. I'll have to see based on my blade/razor testing and the synthetic brush pass-around. If I play along, here's my list:

Bay Rum - I have a Conk puck and to try. I have a SCS Bay Rum sample but it burns me. I've been holding the Conk Bay Rum for testing b/c glycerin seems to light up my face.

Vintage - I don't have any unless this counts:
Question: Would AoS tallow soap count for the vintage soap week?

Haslinger - Sandalwood
Samples - Stirling
Citrus - RR XXX, DR Harris Arlington, RR Don Marco, TOBS Eton College ?, Stirling MITA

Florida Water! I really like it, though my wife doesn't . . . :mad3:

Top Bottom