What's new

ATT Open Comb SE2

I will be receiving the first batch of our SE2 razors tomorrow evening.
We will get them on the site quickly as we can.
The razor will retail at $185.00 just like its solid bar cousin.
There will
not be a preorder, the SE2 will available for shipping at posting.
Treat yourself.

Will the base plate be available to purchase separately for us SE1 owners?

Yes. We will offer it in the same optiums as the SE1.
Thank you for your patience. Although, I feel this SE2 OC razor (which I believe is the only machined OC SE of its kind) has come to the market promptly. I hope you guys will enjoy this addition to the ATT razor line a great deal.

Yes. We will offer it in the same optiums as the SE1.
Thank you for your patience. Although, I feel this SE2 OC razor (which I believe is the only machined OC SE of its kind) has come to the market promptly. I hope you guys will enjoy this addition to the ATT razor line a great deal.

Considering you recently released the SE1, a new handle design, and are making great strides towards releasing a line of aluminum products...yes...I would agree the SE2 OC has come to market promptly. Congrats.

Considering you recently released the SE1, a new handle design, and are making great strides towards releasing a line of aluminum products...yes...I would agree the SE2 OC has come to market promptly. Congrats.

There here! Picked up the first batch of SE2 razors today.
Our goal is get them posted tonight so you can purchase the SE2 razor or the component of your choosing. However, it may take a day or so to get everything loaded. I have attached a few photos for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• $DSCN6121.jpg
    $DSCN6121.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 205
  • $DSCN6141.jpg
    $DSCN6141.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 204
  • $DSCN6149.jpg
    $DSCN6149.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 198
Very nice! More of a scalloped comb that a full blown open comb, but I am believing with the blade sitting very close to the edge, that's all you need. Can't wait for the shave reports to start coming in.

Fantastic, I have shaved with a straight for years and only very recently tried a Feather AC/SS. This was my first exposure to the Feather AC blade system. They are truly fantastic blades and in my opinion provide a shave both unique and superior to anything else on the market. The availability of a high quality safety razor in both SB and OC formats, along with the variable blade exposures offered by Feather and Kai, should allow most shavers to find that perfect set up for their beard. An SE1 and 2 will be occupying a space in my shave den shortly.

Fantastic, I have shaved with a straight for years and only very recently tried a Feather AC/SS. This was my first exposure to the Feather AC blade system. They are truly fantastic blades and in my opinion provide a shave both unique and superior to anything else on the market. The availability of a high quality safety razor in both SB and OC formats, along with the variable blade exposures offered by Feather and Kai, should allow most shavers to find that perfect set up for their beard. An SE1 and 2 will be occupying a space in my shave den shortly.

I also moved toward Feather AC razors after I found that straight required too much maintenance and never looked back. I then tried a Feather AC safety razor and was so impressed that I might never go back to my Feather straight. Just amazing how a year ago there were only two limited production (and expensive) choices and today there are more choices ranging from bargain basement up to very expensive. Now Stan offers an OC version. Yes, I will wait for the reviews to come in first, but I am already saving for an SE2 sometime in the future.

Stan,

You stated that the SE2 is a more efficient shave than the SE1. Can you tell us how? Does the blade protrude father out? Larger blade gap? Both?

I would love to know how this differs from the SE1 in function.

Thanks for the new addition!

Edited to add: OK, I see Stan just got the SE2 up on his site today. Both SE1 and SE2 are described as "mid aggressive" and both have a blade gap of .61 inches. How would they shave differently?

Last edited:
It's too late for me to correct my post with an edit. The blade gap is of course .61mm, not .61 inches.

Last edited:
Stan, are there any thoughts or plans on making base plates with more or less blade gaps, like your DE razors?

Stan, are there any thoughts or plans on making base plates with more or less blade gaps, like your DE razors?

Not really. The SE1 & SE2 seem very responsive to the blade being used. On my face the KAI Titan Mild gives me a mild shave. The Kai is my go to blade. The Feather Pro a more aggressive shave while the Feather Pro Super is to aggressive for me use daily. There is also the Feather pro guard to mix in. In light if this level of responsiveness to blade I don't see us adding more plates.

Not really. The SE1 & SE2 seem very responsive to the blade being used. On my face the KAI Titan Mild gives me a mild shave. The Kai is my go to blade. The Feather Pro a more aggressive shave while the Feather Pro Super is to aggressive for me use daily. There is also the Feather pro guard to mix in. In light if this level of responsiveness to blade I don't see us adding more plates.

OK, that makes perfect sense. Being inexperienced with these blades, I didn't realize they actually have different widths. I looked it up after reading your response. Thanks for the explanation!

Top Bottom