What's new

Will AdP Colonia cream ever come back?

I see a lot of threads about Acqua di Parma cream, and hardly anyone mentions that the "Colonia" name and scent has been dropped from the packaging:

$adp.jpg

To me this is a killer, as I've sampled the Colonia fragrance itself and would love to have a cream that has specifically that scent, but I've been reading that the new packaging doesn't have the Colonia scent at all. Without that scent, I'm not interested in the cream.

Has anyone contacted Acqua di Parma about this?

Strange that Stirling has their Piacenza soap that they describe as "...close to Parma," which doesn't really make sense, as Acqua di Parma is a company that has many different fragrances, with "Colonia" being the one I think they mean. Seems like everyone's forgetting the "Colonia" word. :huh: Is it a bad word around here?

Have you thought about trying Razorock XXX?

Nah...I'm aware artisans have recreated the scent in their own soap form, but what I'd like is to try the AdP scent in its original AdP cream product. I'm not just after the scent, but the scent with the official AdP cream.

xxx provides just as good performance with 1/4 of the cost... and the scent is pretty dead on. your loss though, more for me (;

"Colonia" is just "cologne" in Italian. Time to try one of the many other great creams out there and grab a bottle of the original AdP fragrance.

It didn't make sense that AdP dropped the scent from their soap. On the other hand, the new formulation performs ever better than the old one. I still have a couple jars of the Colonia creams, but tend to use the new unscented version because of performance, and just use Colonia aftershave and EdT. I also like the ability to use any AS or EdT with the unscented cream.

Top Bottom