What's new

Do they offer the Old Spice Lime shaving cream in the states?

So over here in the middle east, where the product offerings are a little different. I came across some Old Spice Lime shaving cream in a tube. It ran me, I think 5.50 dirhams, so less than 2 USD. Has anyone come across this item in the states? If not, I will probably grab a few on the way back to send out to BandBers so they can experience it. Personally, for two bucks and a throw in the overnight bag, i don't find it too shabby.

Yep, ethnic shops in the states will have it but if you`re willing to bring some back and for 2 bucks then why not?

I have never seen OS shave cream on the shelf anywhere. It sells and ships online from India. The price, shipping, and even the delivery time are all quite acceptable. Many people express disappointment in the product. It works, but it lacks any fragrance of OS.

I ordered and just received a tube of musk from India, I think it took about 2 weeks and ran just over $5 shipped. There isn't much scent to it. It lathers decent and has an okay or acceptable performance to it. It will be in my rotation but when it is gone it won't be replaced.

than its been decided. I will buy 10 bucks worth, and PIF some christmas gifts to some BandBers. Its nothing special, but for 2 bucks and a cream you can throw in the travel bag, it has pretty solid performance.

I had gotten some from a relative traveling to India. I didn't think it was that great. Just OK. It's a very fake lime scent. For Indian creams, Godrej has a better lime option that includes lanolin and parabens. Some B&Bers love parabens. Others are worried it will kill us.

I have never seen OS shave cream on the shelf anywhere. It sells and ships online from India. The price, shipping, and even the delivery time are all quite acceptable. Many people express disappointment in the product. It works, but it lacks any fragrance of OS.

I ordered and just received a tube of musk from India, I think it took about 2 weeks and ran just over $5 shipped. There isn't much scent to it. It lathers decent and has an okay or acceptable performance to it. It will be in my rotation but when it is gone it won't be replaced.

About eight months ago, I ordered six tubes from India (2 each of the original, musk, and lime) and despite good lather, I was very disappointed by the scents, which were close to indistinguishable. Apparently, P&G changed the formula several years ago. In the photo below, note the old boxes on the left and the new boxes which are being sold now on the right. The new boxes and tubes have a stenciled circle design.

In addition, Old Spice India no longer lists the shaving creams on their web page. Last year, they were there: http://www.oldspice.in/en-in/shop-products.

In a video four months ago, Youtube shaving superstar, PaulHfilms, used the Old Spice lime (old tube) and said he could smell the lime. I'm not sure i can. Note in my comment on his video page that my new tube was manufactured in Aug. 2015, while he responded that his was from Dec. 2013. If anyone has questions about the lather and slickness of various soaps and creams, Youtube video reviews are a great source, especially for learning about products you may be thinking of purchasing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IJ-pvYn7Ew

proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
PaulHFilms has great videos to watch. Been a subscriber for a couple months now.

Yeah, I have only used it once and was not impressed. I didn't want to get into creams because I figured I would use too much and just waste it. When I seen the Old Spice cream a while back I figured why not try try it. I also bought Palmolive cream in the green tube which is another so-so shave cream. I also ordered a tube of Derby Lavender and that is a real decent cream. The Palmolive I actually had to use a quite a big blob to get a decent lather and would figure the tube would last maybe 25 to 30 shaves tops. All 3 of these work well but I don't think I will be buying any more cream soaps after these are gone.

PaulHFilms has great videos to watch. Been a subscriber for a couple months now.

Yeah, I have only used it once and was not impressed. I didn't want to get into creams because I figured I would use too much and just waste it. When I seen the Old Spice cream a while back I figured why not try try it. I also bought Palmolive cream in the green tube which is another so-so shave cream. I also ordered a tube of Derby Lavender and that is a real decent cream. The Palmolive I actually had to use a quite a big blob to get a decent lather and would figure the tube would last maybe 25 to 30 shaves tops. All 3 of these work well but I don't think I will be buying any more cream soaps after these are gone.

Did you buy the Palmolive cream from India or from Europe? The European Palmolive menthol and classic (made in Italy) is terrific. The formula is different than the one from India. I bought mine from Giftsandcare.com:

http://www.giftsandcare.com/en/sear...ay=desc&search_query=palmolive&submit_search=

You should also try the Proraso and La Toja creams. I even get a great lather from Williams Ice Blue and Nivea, although Nivea has been discontinued in the USA. PaulHFilms really like Palmolive, especially the shaving sticks.

Did you buy the Palmolive cream from India or from Europe? The European Palmolive menthol and classic (made in Italy) is terrific. The formula is different than the one from India. I bought mine from Giftsandcare.com:

http://www.giftsandcare.com/en/sear...ay=desc&search_query=palmolive&submit_search=

You should also try the Proraso and La Toja creams. I even get a great lather from Williams Ice Blue and Nivea, although Nivea has been discontinued in the USA. PaulHFilms really like Palmolive, especially the shaving sticks.

From the bay it come from direct-pharmacies from the UK. I bought it and a bowl of Wilkinson Sword soap in the blue bowl. I bought the Classic with aloe in the green tube. It is a good soap but just average to me. I did mix it on top of the little ring of VDH Luxury that was left in the shave mug and it was a real good lather. It just seemed I need a quite a bit to get a good lather built up. A lot more than I would have expected with a cream.

I only tried the Proraso in the white tub for sensitive skin and although it was a real good performer I just did not like the menthol they added into it. I sold it with some other soaps. If they would have left the menthol out it would have been at the top of my list of soaps I have tried. This last buying spree of 3 creams and the bowl of Wilkinson ends my soap buying for a very long time. I can't see buying anymore as I have enough for over 5 years as it is so no more try this and that soap. Thanks.

If you like Paul's shave videos you should check out his other channel, 007vauxhall, he is quite funny to watch.

I never have a problem getting great lather with Palmolive tube creams. If it's thick coming out of the tube, sometimes you have to shake the tube to mix it up. As for purchasing from England, before using Ebay for UK purchases, I would first look at Connaught Shaving. Take a look at the creams and soaps. They also have pretty good prices on razors and their shipping prices are very reasonable

http://connaughtshaving.com/

than its been decided. I will buy 10 bucks worth, and PIF some christmas gifts to some BandBers. Its nothing special, but for 2 bucks and a cream you can throw in the travel bag, it has pretty solid performance.

About eight months ago, I ordered six tubes from India (2 each of the original, musk, and lime) and despite good lather, I was very disappointed by the scents, which were close to indistinguishable. Apparently, P&G changed the formula several years ago. In the photo below, note the old boxes on the left and the new boxes which are being sold now on the right. The new boxes and tubes have a stenciled circle design.

In addition, Old Spice India no longer lists the shaving creams on their web page. Last year, they were there: http://www.oldspice.in/en-in/shop-products.

In a video four months ago, Youtube shaving superstar, PaulHfilms, used the Old Spice lime (old tube) and said he could smell the lime. I'm not sure i can. Note in my comment on his video page that my new tube was manufactured in Aug. 2015, while he responded that his was from Dec. 2013. If anyone has questions about the lather and slickness of various soaps and creams, Youtube video reviews are a great source, especially for learning about products you may be thinking of purchasing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IJ-pvYn7Ew

proxy.php

Go listen to BrushnSoapnBlade podcast episode #137. Rick explains in detail why some people love the genuine Old Spice scent and some people say it has no scent. There are two versions currently being produced in India. One is marketed by P&G (light scent) and one is marketed by Wonder Products (loaded with vintage OS scent). Read the label and see what you have. It looks like the P&G label has dark red checkers or dark red anchors and the Wonder Products version is just a plain red tube. Check out Rick's podcast for a better explanation.

$image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom