What's new

Announcing: The First Shaving Cream Pass Around for European and UK members.

Greetings Everyone,

Sorry for the sudden silence. A very drunk teenager rammed the taxi in which I was riding, and I just got out of hospital today - the taxi driver wasn't so lucky and is still in intensive care. Among the injuries the little sod inflicted is a severely wrenched back which means for the next week or so I'm not in a condition to walk much. A neighbour is very kindly taking the package containing the creams to the post office for me.

I stuck all your names in a randomiser and this is the order in which the package is going round. There's a list of postal addressess in the package. After your 7 days is up - just cross your name off the list and post it to the next in the list - do please let me know when you've done so.

Last person in the list gets to keep the package.

1. YKMV
  2. Buddy97
  3. Jonno7452
  4. Cumberland Sausage
  5. Justice_League_Nottingham

I think Jonno7452 is doing the second pass-around and then I have the third sitting ready and prepared for posting.

I hope you'll enjoy these - they're a bit unusual and with the exception of the Spanish cream all products I've been using for years.

I am curious, how many participants are there in this pass-around? Some interesting creams in that box.

Only 5 participants which I regard as disappointing - particularly as, with the exception of Lea cream which is both easily available and just "good", they're all excellent creams that can be a bit difficult to get hold of.

I've got two further pass arounds prepared; one is a collection of sticks and the other is a collection of creams, If you thought the selection of creams in this one was interesting wait until you see the next creams pass around.

Greetings Everyone,

Sorry for the sudden silence. A very drunk teenager rammed the taxi in which I was riding, and I just got out of hospital today - the taxi driver wasn't so lucky and is still in intensive care. Among the injuries the little sod inflicted is a severely wrenched back which means for the next week or so I'm not in a condition to walk much. A neighbour is very kindly taking the package containing the creams to the post office for me.

I stuck all your names in a randomiser and this is the order in which the package is going round. There's a list of postal addressess in the package. After your 7 days is up - just cross your name off the list and post it to the next in the list - do please let me know when you've done so.

Last person in the list gets to keep the package.

1. YKMV
  2. Buddy97
  3. Jonno7452
  4. Cumberland Sausage
  5. Justice_League_Nottingham

I think Jonno7452 is doing the second pass-around and then I have the third sitting ready and prepared for posting.

I hope you'll enjoy these - they're a bit unusual and with the exception of the Spanish cream all products I've been using for years.

Jeez buddy, I am just thankful your ok, my thoughts are with the Taxi Driver. Hope you feel better soon mate- Jon

Bummer, I'm seeing this after the deadline, coz I would have liked to participate. Count me in for the next round!
[MENTION=93417]Marg[/MENTION]or: best of health during your recovery.

Bummer, I'm seeing this after the deadline, coz I would have liked to participate. Count me in for the next round!
[MENTION=93417]Marg[/MENTION]or: best of health during your recovery.

Will be doing one myself soon, only going to be a small one with a one of a kind soap I recently one. It was designed especially for a competition and there is not another soap like it. Will also be doing one with some Brit soaps soon so keep an eye out for those buddy!

Gents,
One problem I see is that this passaround thread is in too (maybe just two) many places. I feel like I'm bouncing back and forth between a couple of messages to keep it straight.

Can we add [MENTION=85773]Paljas[/MENTION] at the end of the line and leave it open for a few other names to be added? Folks will find the thread but it may take some time.

$0.02

Gents,
One problem I see is that this passaround thread is in too (maybe just two) many places. I feel like I'm bouncing back and forth between a couple of messages to keep it straight.

Can we add @Paljas at the end of the line and leave it open for a few other names to be added? Folks will find the thread but it may take some time.

$0.02

It's in just two places and it happened that way by accident - which is that some signed up for the pass around here and some on my announcement thread. There's such a thing as being excessively rigid and given how I worded the announcement I can see how it happened. So as not to exclude anyone I just went with it as I get a notification for each thread anyway. My next pass around I'm going to say to people a lot more clearly on the announcement thread " sign up on this thread and this thread only " and " go to the announcement thread to sign up" to avoid confusion.

I'm a bit reluctant to mess around with what was stated that last recipient gets to keep the package when someone comes in late but I'll see what I can do.

[MENTION=92008]margor64peroez[/MENTION]

No worries and I'm not trying to be a pill... A single thread is easier for me since I've lost most of brain cells in divorces from my ex-wives.

It's your passaround and I don't mean to interfere.

Sorry if it sounded that way.

@margor64peroez

No worries and I'm not trying to be a pill... A single thread is easier for me since I've lost most of brain cells in divorces from my ex-wives.

It's your passaround and I don't mean to interfere.

Sorry if it sounded that way.

Not taken that way at all. Actually as I'm Irish I should say that it's not taken that way at all at all :)-

im coming late but hey what a great passaround!

It's a pity you missed this one buy we're running several more pass arounds between now and Christmas so if you head over to the new European, Ireland, UK, Group and join the group you'll be eligible to be included. (The only commitment you make is that when you get a pass-around that you post it to the next guy on the list). I'll always do a posting on that Euro thread telling members of the group when I'm doing a pass-around so if you subscribe to it you'll get notified by Badger and Blade. If I say so myself the next few pass-arounds are at least as good and probably better than this one.

You could hypothetically add people but keep the final recipient the same? Just an idea.

It's a nice idea but I've never yet encountered a situation where it works. I've found that keeping it as simple as possible also keeps it as fair as possible. And, after all, there's nothing to stop the final recipient of a pass-around continuing it.

It's a nice idea but I've never yet encountered a situation where it works. I've found that keeping it as simple as possible also keeps it as fair as possible. And, after all, there's nothing to stop the final recipient of a pass-around continuing it.
Fair does mate. It is your passaround. Thanks for running one, looking forward to seeing what people think of the creams.

Fair does mate. It is your passaround. Thanks for running one, looking forward to seeing what people think of the creams.
I'll be interested in that myself. They are a great way of trying out various products. I just wish that postage was a bit more reasonable (admittedly Denmark is an expensive country).

So, my Gentlemen Friends of the First Ever European Soap Passaround

I received the box today from the fine young man from Deutsche Post... about 5 minutes after I finished shaving...:em18:

And I work tomorrow (Saturday) but I'll try to test one of the soaps out then. NLT Sunday when I'm off though...
So for tonight I'm just sniffing creams and reading tubes...

I'll not say anymore now except to note that I'd love to have 2 weeks with these creams instead of only 7 days...
These are some nice smelling goodies....

• [FONT=&]2 from Italy, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&]2 from Bulgaria, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&]1 from Spain, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&]1 from Germany,[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&]1 from Russia.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The Italians:[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Atkinsons for Gentlemen Shaving Cream:[/FONT][FONT=&] People are often surprised to learn that this classic English palm & coconut oil based English Lavender scented cream is in fact made in Italy. It used to be made in England but the firm that made it sold it and the matching aftershave to the Italian company that now make it. I use this one a fair bit - pairing it with the matching aftershave. It provides a thick cushiony lather with a pleasant lavender smell.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Mode d’emploi: [/FONT][FONT=&]Squeeze enough of it out to cover your thumbnail and either face or bowl lather vigorously with a damp but not soaking wet brush. That gives me enough for three passes with enough left over for touching up. I live in a very hard water area.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream: [/FONT][FONT=&] The famous brush makers also make soaps and creams. This cream is quite as good as their soft soap in a tub. Good glide and cushioning and leaves the skin feeling nicely refreshed. ome might find the Eucalyptus scent a bit strong at first but it doesn’t linger and you do rinse your face after you’ve shaved yes? I like to use it in conjunction with their aftershave balms.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Mode d’emploi: [/FONT][FONT=&]Squeeze enough of it out to cover your thumbnail and either face or bowl lather vigorously with a damp but not soaking wet brush. That gives me enough for three passes with enough left over for touching up. I live in a very hard water area.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The Bulgarians:[/FONT]

[FONT=&]KAPO: [/FONT][FONT=&]The famous Bulgarian classic. It’s pronounced “KARO” and is one of the best shaving creams I’ve encountered in more than 4 decades of shaving. Great glide, good cushioning, and a little of it provides masses of fluffy white foam. It’s very very slightly mentholated with an inoffensive barbershop scent - I find it leaves my skin feeling pleasantly refreshed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Mode d’emploi:[/FONT][FONT=&]Squeeze enough of it out to cover your thumbnail and either face or bowl lather vigorously with a damp but not soaking wet brush. That gives me enough for three passes with enough left over for touching up. I live in a very hard water area.[/FONT]

[FONT=&] Viking Active: [/FONT][FONT=&] One of the Bulgarian Viking range - pleasant old-fashioned scent, again slightly cooling. Great foaming from very little cream, reasonably good hydration. Some of the people I’ve introduced to Bulgarian creams prefer it to KAPO which I think is weird and I’ve reported them to the Spanish Inquisition for a session on the comfy chair.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The Spaniard:[/FONT]

[FONT=&]This is the brushless version of the classic Spanish shaving cream. I got the one for sensitive skin as I was told it’s the best. I’ve used it once and got good results with it. But I wouldn’t buy it again as I prefer Lea Classic shaving cream, and the Lea shaving sticks. It’s a good brushless cream with good glide and leaves your skin feeling hydrated. I’m including it more for contrast and because it’s one of those products you’ll either love or you can’t see the point of its existence. [/FONT]

[FONT=&]Mode d’emploi:[/FONT][FONT=&]Squeeze some on to your fingers and spread it directly onto your dampened face. I bought two tubes and passed one around amongst friends here. The amount needed seems to vary quite a bit from person to person so start with a little and add as needed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The German:[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Florilena Comfort Rasiercreme: [/FONT][FONT=&] A German classic. Florilena do a range of skincare products they’re all excellent and all very cheap. If you’re in Berlin (or really anywhere in Northern or Eastern Germany) you should be able to pick this up in the supermarkets. It’s an old-fashioned cream, nothing at all fancy, which produces a soft slightly gloopy lather with an inoffensive “barber shop” scent. Great cushioning and great glide. It leaves my skin feeling relaxed and moisturised.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The Russian: [/FONT]

[FONT=&]Also called Viking - and in fact the Russian Viking range are the Russian versions of the Bulgarian creams. It’s high praise from me when I tell you that in my opinion the Russian Viking creams are better than the already superb Bulgarian ones. [/FONT]

[FONT=&]Mode d’emploi:[/FONT][FONT=&]Squeeze enough of it out to cover your thumbnail and either face or bowl lather vigorously with a damp but not soaking wet brush. That gives me enough for three passes with enough left over for touching up. I live in a very hard water area.[/FONT]

I received the box today from the fine young man from Deutsche Post... about 5 minutes after I finished shaving...:em18:

And I work tomorrow (Saturday) but I'll try to test one of the soaps out then. NLT Sunday when I'm off though...
So for tonight I'm just sniffing creams and reading tubes...

I'll not say anymore now except to note that I'd love to have 2 weeks with these creams instead of only 7 days...
These are some nice smelling goodies....

I cannot wait to try the omega and the Kapo.. those creams cannot get here fast enough!!!

Glad to know it arrived - you're right they do smell nice, although I have to say I regard scent as nice to have rather than an essential, the cherry on top of the cake so to speak. Enjoy yourself :)

Top Bottom