What's new

Wolfman wait time?

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I think Santa might have to bring me a Timeless OC. I really like the scalloped head and the barber pole handle!

Nice!

I have an aluminum Wolfman and by far it is my favorite razor.

I would seriously consider the BBS1 as an alternative. And those timeless look really great too... Particularly the open comb with scallop cap.

Nice! I hope to have a Wolfman at some point, maybe in antique bronze. Aren't the BBS1 just as hard to get as a wolfman?

Nice! I hope to have a Wolfman at some point, maybe in antique bronze. Aren't the BBS1 just as hard to get as a wolfman?

The BBS-1 I'd think would be even harder to get than a Wolfman. They are made by Wolfman as well so they are backed up as well. They do fetch the same insane prices. I have one and I prefer it over the Wolfman razor I own. They share some of the same characteristics but for me the BBS-1 is a smoother razor than the Wolfman. I read somewhere that John at LA Shaving stopped taking names a while back and those on the bottom of the list might well be waiting a couple years for their name to come up.

Yea I have skin that can be sensitive, was close to buying the Rockwell 6S cause of the many different options of aggressiveness and the half the price but with Timeless 30 days refund if it doesn't work I can return it then get the Rockwell, but if I like it... I'm getting a top notch beautiful razor that's going to look amazing in my bathroom! Really wanted a wolfman since he's like 3 hours from me would be neat to support that, I'll still try and get on his list but if I don't I'll hopefully be getting great shaves from the Timeless.

That is exactly why I bought the Rockwell. With all the base plate options, I was guaranteed a razor that works. My go to is #4. Best shave ever! I would hate to spend over $300 for a razor that doesn't shave as well as my Rockwell.

Which one did you order. I ask because I'm thinking about ordering one myself.

I went with the scalloped cap, scalloped base plate(.68 blade gap) and their TRH2 handle. Just loved the look of the scalloped. Sounds like you got a nice collection, what are you looking at?

That is exactly why I bought the Rockwell. With all the base plate options, I was guaranteed a razor that works. My go to is #4. Best shave ever! I would hate to spend over $300 for a razor that doesn't shave as well as my Rockwell.

Yeah, it's a good bit of cash, but I have spent that on electric razors. I justify it more than just the shave, I was close to buying the Rockwell, I really like the idea of the different base plates and that price is good, But for me, if the Timeless gives me a perfect shave it's worth it as I just love the look of it and will enjoy using it for my shaves, it's like me using cold river soap works, it's about $70CDN to get the shave soap and the matching after shave into Canada but I just love the performance, post shave feel and the packaging, so I'm ok with that, same with this razor potentially. The 30 day money back is what sealed me to give it a try, reading the reviews I'm sure I'll like it but if I don't I'll have that option and then go to Rockwell. I hear 3 and 4 are the big hits on the Rockwell

Last edited:
The BBS-1 I'd think would be even harder to get than a Wolfman. They are made by Wolfman as well so they are backed up as well. They do fetch the same insane prices. I have one and I prefer it over the Wolfman razor I own. They share some of the same characteristics but for me the BBS-1 is a smoother razor than the Wolfman. I read somewhere that John at LA Shaving stopped taking names a while back and those on the bottom of the list might well be waiting a couple years for their name to come up.

I kept missing the BBS-1, responding to John's emails just a bit too late each time, but finally timed it just right and picked mine up some time ago. My son will inherit it when my time is up.

I kept missing the BBS-1, responding to John's emails just a bit too late each time, but finally timed it just right and picked mine up some time ago. My son will inherit it when my time is up.

I didn't know the BBS1 was just as difficult to obtain.

With both the Wolfman, and the BBS1 so hard to come by, I think that speaks very highly for the quality of the product. My experience certainly backs it up.

Either that, or really great marketing and market manipulation. :p

I didn't know the BBS1 was just as difficult to obtain.

With both the Wolfman, and the BBS1 so hard to come by, I think that speaks very highly for the quality of the product. My experience certainly backs it up.

Either that, or really great marketing and market manipulation. :p

The BBS-1 Razors are numbered. I have number 166. If you look at this thread it'll give you an idea of how fast they are being made. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...Razor-Registry?highlight=BBS-1+owner+registry

For example, Here's my guess. I bought mine (#166) around 7/30/2015 or shortly before that date. The latest post in this thread is #189 on 9/23/2016. I do get that there might well be others that aren't posting in this thread but given how busy James is keeping up with his own customers I wouldn't be surprised if these got put on the back burner. This site does contain over 60,000 members and most people who would purchase a $300 razor would likely be a member here as well as a member of other shaving forums. So assuming that the last person to post their number got their razor around the time they posted we'd be looking at from #166 to #189 in over 13 months which is a difference of 25 razors.

This would explain why the BBS-1 razors are so difficult to get. There aren't a lot out there and they aren't being made quickly.

Wolfman are probably amazing razors but the maker really needs some help in the "running a business" department. Including how manage client expectations and how to adjust to the current demand. Meanwhile ATT stands as my best razors, but if by some odd miracle, wolfmans become available someday, I will definitely try them.

If Wolfman was readily available would it still have the hype around it? I get it's one of the best made razor on he market that seem to give a great shave but other companies like Timeless and ATT also make very nice well made razors too, Wolfman crazy is all about the exclusiveness of owning one, if that's taken away would it still hold this craze around it?

I went with the scalloped cap, scalloped base plate(.68 blade gap) and their TRH2 handle. Just loved the look of the scalloped. Sounds like you got a nice collection, what are you looking at?

I'm still trying to decide on which one I want. That's why I asked. I think I'm set on .68 but I don't know which plate and cap.

If Wolfman was readily available would it still have the hype around it? I get it's one of the best made razor on he market that seem to give a great shave but other companies like Timeless and ATT also make very nice well made razors too, Wolfman crazy is all about the exclusiveness of owning one, if that's taken away would it still hold this craze around it?

They would be very well thought of and still extremely popular, but if they were more readily available then likely they wouldn't command the high secondary market prices like they do.

What I like about the Wolfman razors is that they are very efficient while still being comfortable to shave with. Surprisingly so for a de razor. The the build quality is excellent as well. Is it better than your Timeless razor, I can't tell you that. I do know that the reviews I've seeing from people that own both have made me want to buy one.

I'm still trying to decide on which one I want. That's why I asked. I think I'm set on .68 but I don't know which plate and cap.

Just got got my Timeless razor in the mail today! Along with CRSW spiced amber so that's my shave tonight! The Timeless is a nice looking razor, loaded it with a Polsilver. The Timeless feels heavy, but I'm coming from the 34C.

Just got got my Timeless razor in the mail today! Along with CRSW spiced amber so that's my shave tonight! The Timeless is a nice looking razor, loaded it with a Polsilver. The Timeless feels heavy, but I'm coming from the 34C.

I just picked up a RazoRock Hawk, so I'm waiting for that to arrive. It should distract me for a little while. I'm hoping it can end up being a potential go to travel razor as well, since it was cheaper and should give a great shave using the Feather Pro type blades.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the Timeless as it's at the top of my wish list and something I see myself picking up fairly soon.

I just picked up a RazoRock Hawk, so I'm waiting for that to arrive. It should distract me for a little while. I'm hoping it can end up being a potential go to travel razor as well, since it was cheaper and should give a great shave using the Feather Pro type blades.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the Timeless as it's at the top of my wish list and something I see myself picking up fairly soon.

So far I'm loving it... I'm down to a 1 pass shave on my neck with a clean up, It's very efficient but still very comfortable, no irritation, very impressed with it. I'm getting some of the closest and most comfortable shaves with less passes with this Timeless. Was told by Timeless they are looking into a titanium razor so save up ;) I'm pretty sure I'll be picking one up whenever it's released, I'm guessing it'll be sometime still.

Top Bottom