What's new

Wolfman wait time?

How long did you guys who have a wolfman wait til you got it? How long is the wait list? Im thinking of getting on this list somehow and get one of these razor.

How long did you guys who have a wolfman wait til you got it? How long is the wait list? Im thinking of getting on this list somehow and get one of these razor.

There are many here that have been waiting years and still don't have one. James originally took a bunch of names and it was about 18 months (or longer) before he got through that list. Even getting on the current lists when they open up is like hitting the lottery, someone wins but it's not usually me. It'll open up briefly every few months and once you get on it there will be a random drawing that'll eliminate all but 40 people. Of these 40 people many cash in by putting their razors on Ebay or selling them here for about three times what they paid for them.

If you want one any time soon you might want to look at the resale market. You have to have some deep pockets or be really lucky.

You might also want to look at Timeless or maybe the ATT SE1. I want to buy a Timeless after reading a ton of positive reviews. The bonus is that you can actually purchase one. I have an ATT SE1 and reach for it more than I do for the Wolfman I bought from another member.

Last edited:
With Wolfman the workmanship is very good but they aren't so good as to be worth three times the retail price. There's someone on another forum with an open comb polished head (no handle) for sale for $375 to give you some idea of the craziness and they've sold for that amount recently. I've seen the handles go for a couple hundred as well so that makes a whole razor somewhere in the $550 range. I know it's supply and demand but in my opinion it's too much.

That being said if you find a way to get on the list feel free to let me know via a pm how you did it.

Last edited:
I know he opened a list in July and to my knowledge hasn't opened one since. I believe their were 40 on that list. I was able to buy one after he announced it on twitter that he had one available. Recently I purchased a timeless razor in the .68. Both razors are great but my timeless is now getting used more than my wolfman. I waited a while to try and buy the wolfman, I was just lucky to add it to my cart and checkout before anyone else. I went on the timeless website and had it in less than a week. They also do offer a money back if you don't like it. The wolfman is a great razor, but it can become frustrating trying to buy one. Or, like the previous poster said, pay at least double the price buying it off ebay.

There is a listing right now where the same seller is selling the head, handle and stand all seperately in different auctions. He wants 400 for the head and 300 for the handle. Not to mention 130 for the stand. Those prices make me want to sell mine.

Timeless doesn't get much mention here but it's hugely popular and very well thought of on another shaving forum. I'll pick one up, just waiting to spread it out a bit and deciding which one I want to get.

Timeless razor look really nice!

Jason how does it compare to the Wolfman? Is the .68 too mild?
I have the .68 have not tried the .95, but for more me it's right in the middle as far as aggressiveness. Its not mild and I get a good blade feel on the face. I find it to be a very smooth shave. I have the .61 wolfman and definitely can feel more blade than the .68 timeless. For me they are two different razors. The wolfman is an efficient, forgiving razor. The timeless is a smooth mid aggressive razor. Both are great razors. If someone is still chasing the wolfman, I would have no problem recommending the timeless as an alternative. They are expensive but definitely can compete with the razors in that price range.

I waited around 9 months, but that was some time ago. All I can say is that this is the razor for me! :thumbup1:

I waited a year for my two, partially because I couldn't make up my mind on the features I wanted. I will say that they are not only wonderful shavers, but they are works of art. Worth the wait IMO. I keep them on display even when they are on break. James is also a class act and very easy to work with. I will part with these razors when somebody prys them from my cold dead hands. :001_cool:

Woops, I tried to edit my post but the administrator scolded me for missing the 15 minute window :001_huh:

Now, if you are jonesing for a CNC machined stainless slant, take a serious look at the Razorock Wunderbar. Nothing in my collection gives me a more effortless or closer shave. They seem to appear every couple of months or so and sell out in a day, but IB has promised to keep pumping them out.

You might consider a Rockwell 6s. It's not a work of art but IMHO I doubt there is a better shaving, more versatile or more durable razor available anywhere for any price.

I, like many on this forum, covet a Wolfman razor and eagerly await the opening of his next list. My only concern is purchasing the correct blade gap. What I like about the Rockwell (and other adjustables) is the ability to find the best blade gap for my sensitive skin. Can anyone comment on the aggressiveness of the various Wolfman blade gaps? I am particularly interested in the .48 and .54 heads.

I, like many on this forum, covet a Wolfman razor and eagerly await the opening of his next list. My only concern is purchasing the correct blade gap. What I like about the Rockwell (and other adjustables) is the ability to find the best blade gap for my sensitive skin. Can anyone comment on the aggressiveness of the various Wolfman blade gaps? I am particularly interested in the .48 and .54 heads.

To keep it simple I'd tell James to make it in terms of aggressiveness about on par with his BBS-1 razor. He'll know what to do with the gap if you tell him that. That'll get you a little less aggressive and a bit smother than the stock setting. I prefer the BBS-1 to the Wolfman razor as it's really smooth and very efficient.

I'm tempted too, but I'm worried about the blade gap. Not sure my skin can handle it.

Yea I have skin that can be sensitive, was close to buying the Rockwell 6S cause of the many different options of aggressiveness and the half the price but with Timeless 30 days refund if it doesn't work I can return it then get the Rockwell, but if I like it... I'm getting a top notch beautiful razor that's going to look amazing in my bathroom! Really wanted a wolfman since he's like 3 hours from me would be neat to support that, I'll still try and get on his list but if I don't I'll hopefully be getting great shaves from the Timeless.

Top Bottom