What's new

How are the Treet Platinums?

Anybody tried the Treet Platinum stainless blades? I know ppl rave about the Carbon steel ones, but the Treet lineup has sooo many different kinds of blades

People raving about Treet carbon black blades.? :w00t: I get only X2 shaves from them at best. I get X12 shaves from Treet Platinum blades. I would buy more but, at the same price per 100 there are other blades out there just as good..!

I'm about to open a box of 10 Treet Platinums, and plan to use them about 3 shaves each until they're gone. So I'll have a solid opinion this time next month :)

I've also tried the Trig Silver Edge, which are stainless. Felt way toooo mild.

I'm looking for sharper Treets which would work well with an SS razor or something

I get on really well with Treet Platinums. I loaded up a new one yesterday in my Fatip Piccolo and it's a really great combination that works way better for me than the Polsilver SI that I tossed. I found the Polsilver very prone to nicks and weepers, especially from shave #3 onwards, even using my 'best' soap. The Treet Platinum yesterday was nick-free and a very close two pass shave with touch-ups.

The Treet Platinum is definitely in my top three blades (with Gillette SB and Voskhod) because of its comfort and absence of drama in use and exceptional value.

I get on really well with Treet Platinums. I loaded up a new one yesterday in my Fatip Piccolo and it's a really great combination that works way better for me than the Polsilver SI that I tossed. I found the Polsilver very prone to nicks and weepers, especially from shave #3 onwards, even using my 'best' soap. The Treet Platinum yesterday was nick-free and a very close two pass shave with touch-ups.

The Treet Platinum is definitely in my top three blades (with Gillette SB and Voskhod) because of its comfort and absence of drama in use and exceptional value.
pls try wilkinson sword and Personna Lab Blue in Fatip

People raving about Treet carbon black blades.? :w00t: I get only X2 shaves from them at best. I get X12 shaves from Treet Platinum blades. I would buy more but, at the same price per 100 there are other blades out there just as good..!
+1 Nice blade but there are so many others that felt just as good or better - to ME - and for less money. Definitely worth a try though, as it might be perfect for your razor and technique.

I like them. I use them in a Gillette New and pre-war Tech. Some people complain about weepers when using them. I use good prep and a light touch and they work for me. I get a weeks worth of shaves from a blade. At one time, I got them for $15/200 blades. I think if you search around and are patient, I think you can get them for a decent price.

Top Bottom