What's new

Living on the edge.

Okay, at the risk of having my man-card revoked I'd like to ask if anyone has experience using any mask type products.

The back story is that I've always had tiny moles/skin tags that I've happily shaved off when using a cartridge blade. They'd bleed a bit but nothing a styptic pencil or in rare cases a little piece of tissue wouldn't fix easily. The same spot would bleed for a few days while shaving and then 'go away'. Scalped into oblivion I suppose.

Now, as we all know a DE blade shaves closer than a cartridge blade. That's good for beard reduction but it causes more blood when doing mole/ skin tag reduction. My solution was to use one of those freeze kits and that seems to work. It does leave a scab though and takes about a week to heal up. This, of course is another obstacle to be avoided while shaving.

The wife (swmbo in shaving circles) has always had her own skin care addiction. She happily suggested I try a face mask and provided one that she thought had a rather masculine scent. Like any loving husband I complied with her wishes. Man, what a great feeling but....it really did nothing for the moles/skin tags. So I got to browsing the internet and see they sell various peels. Has anyone every tried any of these and do they work for this situation ?

Oh, for the record I use pre-shave oil (shave secret) and lather up a cream fairly thick. I basically brush the lather onto my face and then face later while I count to 30. I'm trying to really get a good cushion and soften the whiskers. This is post shower.

Now that I've written all that I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid scalping them in the first place. It's hard because you can't really see them until you get one. Anyway, I'm all ears if anyone has advice or experience to share.

See a dermatologist. I'm not sure what a facial mask has to do with moles or skin tags. Don't think a peel would have any effect either. I don't think shaving over them is a good idea. Consult with an expert.

I will answer based on your concern for skin care products. If you want to keep your skin healthy and reduce the appearance of aging, always use a face cream with an SPF of 30 during the day, and exfoliate. If your using a brush and razor, you're exfoliationg. Now get the rest of your face. There are plenty of glycolic peels on the market for that. There is no man-card revoking behavior going on here; you are keeping your skin healthy and happy.

See a dermatologist. I'm not sure what a facial mask has to do with moles or skin tags. Don't think a peel would have any effect either. I don't think shaving over them is a good idea. Consult with an expert.

I actually have a dermatologist, it's expensive to have facial skin tags removed and it takes a trip to the doctor's office. That's why I prefer to do it myself if possible. But you bring up a good point. Moles can be cancerous and should be checked out.

As far as shaving over them being a bad idea.......we're probably 40 years down that particular path. LOL

Yes. Support and/or enabling. That's why I come here.

Honestly, it really did make my face feel good. Who would have thought ? :001_smile

Top Bottom