What's new

First Straight Razor.Purchase?

So I was out with my sister at a flea market today, helping her look for vintage playing cards.
I had posted a day or two ago asking what straights are collectible, in case I stumbled on the Holy Grail, which apparently is very subjective.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/500687-The-Holy-Grail-of-Straights?p=8508408#post8508408

I saw a lonely straight razor getting rained on and remembered that someone mentioned Wade & Butcher could be good.
The gentlemen nearly gave it to me and then said, "look it up on the web, it's a good one."...it was as if he was PIFing me.

Well...what do you wise straight razor gentleman think?
$IMG_2746.jpg$IMG_2745.jpg$IMG_2747.jpg
I will admit it looks very manly and visually appealing. I only picked it up because the man wanted to find a home for it befor the rain shut down the flea market.

Last edited:
That's a very nice find, congratulations. She will be a good shaver when honed. A little Maas Polish and you'll get most of the oxidation off. :thumbup:

Thank you, I will take the adivice and clean it up. I admit I am not really interested in shaving with a straight razor. I am not sure I have the patience at this point. Of course my bride asked me, "then why did you bring it home"....uuuh...it was shiny dangerous steel and it called my name? :blushing:

By the way...I am loving the PAA Deja Fougere you sent me...amazing soap. Thank you again!

Last edited:
I read through the info you sent and will give it some prayerful consideration. Thank you very much Doc, you make it very difficult to say no.

Note to self...when polishing a straight razor...remember it is SHARP!
Came very close to needing medical glue to close up the cut.
Good news...the razor looks pretty good, still needs a little more, but blood interacts strangely with Maas Polish, so it will have to wait one more day.

Found my bride's grandfathers Shumate Hone...so now for some light Wiki reading before bed.

Thank you, I will take the adivice and clean it up. I admit I am not really interested in shaving with a straight razor. I am not sure I have the patience at this point. Of course my bride asked me, "then why did you bring it home"....uuuh...it was shiny dangerous steel and it called my name? :blushing:

By the way...I am loving the PAA Deja Fougere you sent me...amazing soap. Thank you again!

that razor looks dang near mint and yes I would agree I see something shiny I must have it :lol:

Top Bottom