What's new

Hello fellow wet shavers

Hello,

Just stopped by to say Hi. :biggrin1: Great discussions on these forums here.
I have been using a Merkur 34C on and off, with a Semogue 1305 brush and Musgo Real shave cream.
My brush does not seem to stop shedding bristles on my face, is this typical of all boar brushes?
Otherwise I have had good luck adapting from Gillette fusion to DB blades. I use BIC and Crystal so far with good results.:001_smile

NJShaver

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Welcome. Wander on over to the hall of fame and introduce yourself.

I would say your brush should shed a hair or two for a little while while it breaks in. It should subside at some point though.

Kindly,
Adam

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. It's not unusual for a brush to shed a few hairs each shave when new. If it keeps up after a dozen shaves or so, I would start to get concerned.

Welcome! I am fairly aggressive with my brushes, the boars tend to shed a bit more than the badger. If it's a lot (10ish) then it may be worth picking up a backup. But se movie has a pretty good reputation. I wouldn't worry too much

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B. I lived in NJ before I retired to Arizona. I lived in West Caldwell before the move.
Where are you living in NJ?

mikey

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry too much about the brush, unless lots of hairs start coming out. I have an Omega boar--it's never lost too many hairs, but every once in a while it will lose a couple of hairs for 2 or 3 consecutive shaves, and then nothing for a while.

Welcome! I am fairly aggressive with my brushes, the boars tend to shed a bit more than the badger. If it's a lot (10ish) then it may be worth picking up a backup. But se movie has a pretty good reputation. I wouldn't worry too much
What is SE MOVIE?

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

Shedding can be a result of may factors. One is putting the brush in very hot water. Another is excess soap build up after years of use.

Drop into the Shave Wiki and read over some of the shaving articles. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/ You will find a LOT of useful info in there.

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

Top Bottom