What's new

B&M Seville: I'm worried

Though I like to experiment, B&M Seville is my soap of choice. It checks all the boxes and simply gets along great with my skin.

But recently I've had a very hard time finding any online. It's been sold out on B&M's website and also at Italian Barber and Maggard for a while now. Amazon apparently doesn't have it, and my local shave shop doesn't carry B&M products.

Has it been discontinued, or is just that popular and hard to find?

Will's changing it over to the new Glissant base (and updating the packaging). Last I heard (August newsletter) it is set to be done by September 22nd.

It'll be available again once that's finished.

Yes but as a big B&M fan, it is definitely an improvement. The original was good, but this one is a bit easier to lather and may provide a bit more cushion. I was a big fan of the original, but the few soaps I've gotten lately with the new base are just a touch above. I'd say it's pretty close other than the ease of lathering.

You can google and get people's opinions on it. Here's a thread I found on a quick search:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/482497-Glissant-release-schedule-from-Barrister-and-Mann

1. I can't wait. If this product improves on what I've been using then this will be fantastic.
2. That said, I'm running low on my current stash. Might need to find at least one more jar of the old formula before the new release.

So, today was supposed to be the day. Is there any update?

(FYI, West Coast Shaving is also out of the old Seville formula.)

Last edited:
B&M Seville has been in my top 5 ever since it came out even though it uses fragrance oils instead of essential oils. I am on my third container in part of a rather large rotation. I do have very soft water. Do you guys think that the Glissant Base change will provide additional benefits, even with extremely soft water since I don't really need the benefit of additional lathering capability unless I'm traveling?

Sadly, I couldn't answer any question about soft water, but I've got a few soaps in the glissant base and a couple of the original formula, and the glissant is a step up.

This thread must be why I was on Maggard's site a couple of nights ago, saw there were only 2 samples of B&M Seville left, went to go the bathroom, checked my e-mail, then re-freshed Maggard's page to see the Seville samples were out! :tongue_sm

Top Bottom